We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which state park to visit for a day trip?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
120 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Which state park to visit for a day trip?

My wife and I always do one day trip outside of Vegas on each visit. This year we are choosing between two: Valley of Fire or Zion National Park. After reading many reviews on both, I am kind of leaning to Zion as it sounds beautiful. My only concern is that is appears to get very cold weather after October and we are heading out in early November. Anyone visit both? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which state park to visit for a day trip?

I am in the same boat for next week. Swaying towards valley of fire as need to use bus in Zion

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which state park to visit for a day trip?

Pack a jacket and go to Zion. Fall there is really beautiful. Leave Vegas early. You can be in Zion by lunch. It is 2.5 hours, but you lose an hour heading into Utah. Pick up a picnic in St. George or Springdale and have lunch in the park. Stay till sunset. Stop in Springdale for dinner before heading back to Vegas.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which state park to visit for a day trip?

You can plan for Zion but be flexible. It has snowed there in early November so if that happens go to Valley of Fire. Definitely leave Vegas early to maximize your time in the park. If you happen to hit St. George at lunch time, consider eating at Chuckarama (lousy name, great food).

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
336 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which state park to visit for a day trip?

Thankyou for asking this cause we are looking at Pink jeep tours for Oct and trying to choose between Zion and Death Valley! Zion sounds very popular.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,197 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which state park to visit for a day trip?

Forget Valley of Fire & Zion National Park ............... where the hell do I get myself one of those pink Jeeps ? ? ?

;)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which state park to visit for a day trip?

FYI if the federal government shuts down for a bit, state parks will be your only option. All national parks/recreation areas will be closed with LEOs posted at entrances.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
336 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which state park to visit for a day trip?

Its a tour company Calpsy- the only way I can get Miss 13 to do a nature trip LOL They do look cool don't they?

8. Re: Which state park to visit for a day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:19