We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas

Swansea, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas

Hi guys,

I'm going to be in Las Vegas in January with my partner, we wish to do a day trip to the Grand Canyon by Helicopter. I have searched the internet for all of the different types of tours all the various companies offer, there is only one problem - I want to include quiet a few things. We would like to go to visit the Grand canyon Ranch while we are there, but we would also like to land on the Grand Canyon floor. All of the tours I have found include one or the other - but never both. I have no budget and I am happy to pay the price if it is the exact tour I would like.

Also, I have seen a few trips going to Eagle Point, Guano Point and Hualapai Village. Is this tour worth me looking in to?

Basically, any thoughts on any of the helicopter trips they do would be helpful. And also any tips on any good companies will help me no end.

Thanks in Advance

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,539 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas

"Basically, any thoughts on any of the helicopter trips they do would be helpful." - My thoughts are to save your money, you will not be visiting the Grand Canyon National Park but the closer for profit Grand Canyon West that requires gimmicky helicopter rides and the Skywalk to attract visitors - it's often described as an expensive tourist trap which does not compare with the GCNP.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
6,011 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas

Sorry,I cant help you pick a tour company. I understand Maverick is popular though. I would advise you to type in "skywalk" in the search box at the top of the page here and read some reviews from people who have take the tours to the West Rim. The helicopter tours from Vegas only go to the West rim,which is the area you are alluding to. The South rim is more beautiful but takes much more time to get to. You must drive there or take a plane. Shortly there will be responses on here that will expound negatively on the West Rim. I happen to feel it is well worth the trip,as do tens of thousands of others,thus my request that you search skywalk. If time is a factor then seeing the West Rim is the way to go. It is awe-inspiring on its own. Okay RedRox,let em have it LOL

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,149 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas

Read the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page.

4. Re: Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:21