We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

DO NOT EVER RENT FROM HERE!!

The service was slow but the guy was nice and helpful, he pointed out that for a couple dollars more a day I could upgrade my rental. He said I was paying $23 a day and for $25 a day I could upgrade, so I thought for an extra couple dollars a day why not.... so I repeated that I would be paying a couple extra dollars a day and he gave me a new contract to sign.

I was happy, and thought this was a great deal. Then I got my monthly credit card statement and I was actually charged an extra $25 a day so instead of the original $400 I have now paid $800 for a car a rental. All Dollar Rental said there is nothing they can do and that I must have interpreted his words wrong, my reply was why on earth would I pay and extra $25 a day for two people... the response was well you signed to it and agreed to it so there is nothing we can do.

So if you do rent from this company (which I don't recommend) make sure you are understanding how much you are paying before you sign!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,642 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,131 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
917 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

Sorry you had a bad experience.

"...make sure you are understanding how much you are paying before you sign!"

...is good advice in general!

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,348 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

Sounds like you may have been mistakenly double charged. Maybe call back and speak to someone higher up and have them look into it a little more.

If all else fails, dispute the charges on your credit card.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,474 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

Sorry but surely the key message is to be clear about what you are agreeing when you sign the rental agreement - whether that be with Dollar or any other car rental firm.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,358 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

Was the price not on the contract? You got a receipt when you returned the car, what was the charge?

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

Every rental company does crap like this. You need to read the contract before you sign it. They all try to upsell you.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

Just tell em no thanks I will probably get a free upgrade when my car option isn't there .

7. Re: Dollar Car Rental @ McCarran Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:39