We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster NY
Level Contributor
527 posts
Save Topic
visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

Visiting PAWN STARS WARNING!!!! When you park people will approach you and hand you a drawing slip...I didnt know what it was for and thought it was legit but I was wrong. Apparently these people work for an outside source and operate much like a time share. I was called today from my trip in July and told I won a prize pack worth over $1000. It included a VIP trip to Pawn Starts and Rick's Restoration, a 2 night 3 day stay at Riviera, $100 dining card, $200 promo gambling at Binions...all I had to do was pay for the tax. Then he continues on telling me this package is worth $800 (didnt he say $1000 before???) and I must put a deposit down of $199 and stay for a presentation to a travel club. Deposit isnt the same as tax. I hung up on the guy and did an internet search. Just a friendly heads up!

93 replies to this topic
Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

That sounds like an AWESOME deal!!!

Here and There
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

toss in some brittney tickets and albinoman would be hooked!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

So you gave some random person your personal information while in a different city? Are you trying to get yourself in trouble?

Thanks for the warning, but this would fall under the common sense rule of "Don't ever give out personal information to anyone you don't know."

Lancaster NY
Level Contributor
527 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

My husband and myself thought they were employees of Gold and Silver Pawn....have you been there lately? They are telling you where to park, helping you park and act as employees would.....

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

I'm not sure how being handed a slip leads to people calling you later at home unless you foolishly filled it out and gave it back to them. I thought you were sharper up there.

Lancaster NY
Level Contributor
527 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

OK OK!! You guys are both making me laugh and feeling like a complete fool. I guess what the dissapointing thing is---is that Gold and Silver allow this...I usually never fall for this stuff...my hubby told me to fill it out as I wasn't going to....I am the type that usually gives out the wrong cell phone number, I have stormed out of aTime Share presentation....last trip when offered promo slot play for a tour I told the guy to stick it....I am usually very wise since we were ID theft victims in 2004...I guess I still have more to learn!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

There was another thread on this a while back. Apparently it is legitimate but a real pain to actually get your trip booked. Some people reported that it was great but most were complaining that you had to jump through hoops to actually get the trip.

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

These scams are often legitimate and unsalable. I didn't get that the pawn stop actually is participating in this. I thought this were like the people that bug one on the Strip. However I don't exactly think that the pawn people are the classiest of retailers so I wouldn't be surprised on their allowing this.

Lancaster NY
Level Contributor
527 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

I will never pay to sit through a presentation....the Riviera is not my kind of spot....promo slot play no thanks...you can buy the tour for alot less so I dont think its a winning situation

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,433 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!

Oh sure, it's always the husbands fault !!

lol

Reply to: visiting Pawn Stars WArning!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted