We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

We'll be staying at The Paris in a couple weeks. I'm so excited! I want to try the Buffet - any suggestions for beating the line? Is there any way to jump the line for hotel guests or if you get some kind of pass? I'm no high roller so I ain't gonna do it that way! :-)

Also - if you had to choose - would it be breakfast or dinner?

Thanks!

-Michael

San Leandro...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

Hey Travelin D,

If you aare a member of the Connection Club you can get a line pass from them if you are staying at Paris. If not join before you go so you can get a pass. If you go to their website there should be a thread to the Connection Card.

Have fun. I'll being going with some friends end of March for a slot tournament.

zbethg

OC,CA
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

They have a pass and then u come back at the time, example: be back here in 15 or 20 minutes. We ate their in May and thats how they had it set up we had a drink and then enjoyed our brunch. Id choose dinner..just careful about the mussels..my hubby found a creepy crawly in his..ruined our appetite..had the meal comped

3. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2005, 21:12
Manchester UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

Crazed4Hawaii2: -

I find the comments derogatory and insulting to people who have a disibility that may lead them to spending, all, or some of their time in a wheelchair. The comments are ignorant of the facts. Some people have difficulty standing or walking for long periods of time, hence the wheelchair. Some people have some degree of limited mobility and if they choose to make the effort to walk the short distances to and from a buffet this should be taken for what it is. To be able to stand and walk for short periods of time can be personally important and enhance that person's dignity.

This is a cheap joke that no doubt will be masked by the poster as exposing frauds who take advantage of businesses who are proactive in supporting people with disabilities.

I believe it falls below the standards I would expect from Tripadvisor.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

crazed - I don't know if you are picking on me for my question or just a questionable person. I obviously mean what legitimate ways are available to me to avoid standing in line. I mean really, faking a disability? Why not just punch the people in line so I can push ahead of them? Sheesh!

Anyway!

caca - Thank you for the HELPFUL tip about a preset time line pass. I will look into that. Do I get that from the buffet itself or somewhere else in the hotel?

zbath - Thank you for the HELPFUL tip about belonging to the connection club. I assume that is The Paris's player's club? I will look into joining that right away - even though I'm sure my card won't make it to me in time.

Thanks!

-Michael

OC,CA
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

travelingDragon

U get this line pass at the podium outside the restaurant.

To the guy/gal that got all uptight

It was meant as a joke! Take a chill pill! Dont get your blood pressure all out of wack over that..Jesus!

Hawaii4

That was funny u had me rolling...I seen alot of people do this in amusment parks to get themselves and their klan at the front of the lines to major attractions at Knotts Berry farm and Disneyland! I love sarcastic humor!

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

crazed4hawaii2 your mean spirited comments are not helpful in anyway, they only make you look like an idiot. Sorry if someone pi$$ed in your coffee this morning, but try to lighten up, Sheesh.

Anyway, thanks to other posters those are actually helpful suggestions.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,652 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

Last month, a group of us arranged to meet at the Paris Buffet for dinner at 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday evening. There was no line yet.

Because one of our group was running late, we sat outside waiting for him, and saw the line begin to form at about 6:15 - 6:30 p.m., as we waited. Based on this experience, I think that if you get there before 6:15 p.m., you won't have a long wait even without a line pass.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

Crazed4hawaii2 probably knows so much about "The Wheelchair Trick" because it's the sort of stunt they pull. Probably parks in Disabled parking bays too.

Thankfully I'm not disabled but a very good friend of mine ended up in a wheelchair through no fault of their own so I also find the suggestion deeply offensive.

Hebron, KY
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any way to beat the line at the Paris Buffet?

Just had the breakfast at the Paris, much better than the dinner, in my opinion. I got there right at 8am, and there was no line. I have also gone on Sundays for the Champagne brunch, it is also quite good, and usually a line, but they are so organized, you don't really wait that long.