We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KNZ
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

We plan to be in Las Vegas in late April next year, mainly to do a Grand Canyon trip. Next on the itinerary will be Disneyland for the kids, so wondering if plane or car is the best way to go? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

you take the 15 south all the way down. Then you have the option of the 210, 10, or 60 west to the 57 south, or continue down the 15 and take the 91 west all the way there. They are all about the same distance commute so traffic is the deciding factor.

From my experience, the 60 west will more often be the fastest and the 91 will more often be the slowest but its best to have your smart phone/navigation ready to point you to the route of the least traffic at the time you are passing through.

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

eonneon that's very interesting. Now to answer the question. Probably by car if you're not leaving LV on a heavy travel out day. ie Sunday or Monday on a "three day weekend."

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

oops my bad i somehow read it as best route to travel

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,825 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

Easy drive, just avoid heavy travel times. If you avoid stopping along the way 3 1/2 hours is very doable between the Strip and Disneyland

Level Contributor
67 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

We did this last year. Found tickets for about $50 on southwest. From Lviv to la then rented car through Costco and drove to hotel. Easy. Cheap and saved time. Stayed at the candy cane inn basically on Disney property. Great rooms 5 min walk to front gate of Disney

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
42 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

If you like to drive, then it is a pleasant drive and I would use that method. The drive is mostly open highway and shouldn't take much longer than flying considering waiting time at the airport and going through security. I've done the trip many times with children and prefer the privacy in a car to being packed on an airplane. I usually leave early in the morning, then stop for breakfast along the way to break up the drive a bit.

Cranbrook
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

We have done our first trip to the USA from Australia in August. We flew into Vegas but caught the LUX bus to Anaheim. Its a really pleasant trip you get drinks and snacks and a movie on the bus. It has one stop for dinner and you get to enjoy the scenery along the way. It was fairly inexpensive less than $100 a ticket. Hiring a car might be cheaper if its for your whole family, but a little bit overwhelming being on the other side of the road!. I recommend Lux Bus.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

For me personally I would drive. We are the rare breed that is British baseball fans so each year on our annual pilgrimage to Vegas we have taken a side trip to see a MLB game and on multiple occasions we have seen the Angels and driven the easy route between Vegas and Anaheim.

Visalia, California
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

I would drive it will be cheaper and easier. Flying might be a tad more convenient but the travel times will be almost identical because you have to get to the airport early.

Others have given you some good routes.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,825 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the best way to travel from Las Vegas to Anaheim?

<<<From Lviv to la then rented car through Costco and drove to hotel. Easy. Cheap and saved time. Stayed at the candy cane inn basically on Disney property. Great rooms 5 min walk to front gate of Disneynd>>

Flying from LAS to LAX and then renting a car and driving to Anaheim does not save time. It takes longer to do that than to just jump in a car and make the 3 1/2 hour drive from Las Vegas to Anaheim