We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
Save Topic
Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

Hi there, it has been fifteen years since I was last in vegas ( Irish couple on honeymoon!) , now we are a group of 3 couples ( celebrating our 40th birthdays!!) heading to vegas next week & looking for advice for best room type/location in Mirage. What are chances of getting a complimentary upgrade and any suggestions for same?? Also any local info for mid range eating & drinking/ lively bars with chart music ( no cover charge!) in the immediate area would be greatly appreciated.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

We were there in mid September at the mirage. We booked the basic level room. I emailed them in advance to request a quiet location with a king size bed for our basic room and they wrote back and gave us a free upgrade to strip view. We ended up on the 23rd floor in the south wing with view of the volcano. Thought it was perfect. I did a review if you want to check it out. If you can get the king tower resort rooms on the 24 and 25th floors they have a bigger bathroom than the other floors. We did not get that as an option but it didn't matter to us, we were very pleased to get a free upgrade to a higher floor with a great view. Overall we were very pleased with the mirage and would definitely stay there again.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

My main advice for all vegas hotels is request a room far from the elevators, yes this means a longer walk but then you dont have to worry about drunk loud folks getting on a off the elevators. Bar wise Rumbar @mirage is a decent bar. My favorite non-cover charge bars are at Cosmopolitan. The entire property is loaded with great bars.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

My tip for the Mirage is to book a tower deluxe room. These have the separate shower. I really hate bathtub-shower combos.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,281 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

Free, would be the best. A tower suite/Penthouse or Villa next. Then Tower room, then deluxe.

NJ
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

My favorite view at the Mirage is the South Facing Pool View. You get to see the strip looking towards Caesars and the pool.....to us this beats the volcano view. Definitely splurge for a Tower room on the 24th & 25th floors. Size of the bathroom and separate shower is well worth it.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

johnnyvegas12, I keep hoping for a lanai or villa when checking in, but no luck. For March Madness my friends and I checked in for the suite my host set up. We expected a 2-bedroom hospitality suite for 4 nights, but were immediately notified we were put in a 2-bedroom tower deluxe suite. I'll be there in three weeks with friends and my host told me it would be a 2-bedroom suite....I can still dream of the bigger upgrade right??? Still, it's pretty good for comps.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

Why Mirage? We're currently staying at the Palazzo for less money than Mirage. And Venetian/Palazzo is 5 star while Mirage is 4 stars.

Ayrshire, Scotland
Level Contributor
439 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

Some of us like The Mirage. I am going in 2 weeks and staying for 8 days because thats where I chose to stay. I dont know how much The Palazzo was for those dates - cheaper or not I would still be going to The Mirage.

9. Re: Best Mirage Hotel Rooms & local info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:19