We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Hi, I was wondering when the best time to book accommodation for this time would be. We are looking at Excalibur or Monte Carlo. Ive noticed some specials starting or should I wait?

Also is it best (cheaper) to book direct through the hotel or with a third party site?

Thankyou :)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

SophieT1

Keep checking Excalibur.com to see when they have a 40% off sale for your dates. I suspect the next one will be around Thanksgiving, but it could be earlier. The rates don't usually move too much. I booked my September Excalibur stay in the July 4th sale this year. Be sure to book a Contemporary View Room, these are the BEST rooms in the hotel.

I always book direct.

Regards

New York
Level Contributor
711 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Go to the hotel website and sign up to receive their emails , they send really good deals

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Thankyou both, I will wait and keep looking and sign up for emails :)

Edited: 05 October 2013, 02:09
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Hi Sophie, You are likely to find the best price a couple of months or so before. I Always book direct with the hotel or through the players club, that way if the price goes down after you book you can call and more often than not they will adjust you to the lower rate. However, if you book through a 3rd party that is generally not possible or at the very least a huge hassle.

I would pick Monte Carlo over Excalibur any day of the week. It may cost a few dollars more but well worth it in my opinion. Also keep an eye on MGM Grand and NYNY chances are prices will fluctuate between now and then.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

We will book airfare for that week when Southwest has their sale in December. We will probably book rooms in January depending on what type of hotel we want for that trip.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Always book direct with the hotel.

Here is a similar post recently with different dates of course but the advice is as above.

tripadvisor.com.au/…52795555

Visalia, California
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Being from the US things are a bit different. I don't have to pay for international calls.

That said this is typically what I do. I try to book at a minimum 3 months in advance. I've yet to see a rate drop after the 3 month marker. Now if there is going to be a convention or some big draw (new years eve) I book as early as possible.

I typically call and ask about different promotions they are running and if they have any with a 25% off or better. After I have it booked I keep an eye on the rates if I see them drop I call and have them change the reservation to the lower rate.

MGM resorts will allow you modify/change your reservation up to 48 hours before you're supposed to arrive.

I also suggest you play with the dates if you want to be in town for the 20th check out staying the 17-21st or the 19th-23rd.

Flight is another thing you need to consider. If booking the flight and hotel together saves you $600 vs booking direct with the hotel and airline only saving $400 go with the package.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Inappropriate, what gives you the idea that the OP wants to bring their trip forward by ten days? I can't see anything in their posts that suggests that. And that would have them in Vegas over the first weekend of the NCAA basketball tourney when hotel rates will be a lot higher than the dates they're actually asking about.

Agree with outlaw that MC is a way superior hotel to Excalibur. But by the beginning of next year there may be deals for your dates at hotels that are nicer still.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

No, don't want to bring our trip forward, flights are booked and we are locked to those dates. Thanks everyone for your responses I will wait a month or 2 then book :)

Visalia, California
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to book accomodation for March 30 - April 5

Did I say move it forward by 10 days? No I did not. I just said play with the dates and used those numbers as an EXAMPLE. I didn't say use those specific dates.

Just an example.. Keep in mind this is just an example. I'm going to go for my 30th birthday in spring which lands on the 18th. being in town on the 18th is important but the dates before and after are not. So I will play with the dates around the 18th ensuring I'm in town for the 18th. Let's say I want to stay there the 16-21st and that would cost me $1800. But if I move it to the 18th-23rd it's only $1400. It then makes sense for me to stay there the 18th-23rd.

Where you got the idea that I suggested they move it up by 10 days is totally beyond me. But hey I guess making a suggestion of playing with the dates in that fashion is a stupid idea especially if it will save you money.

Blagger and where are your reviews? When was your last trip to LV? I'm just curious..

Edited: 05 October 2013, 23:36