We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free Vegas

Adelaide
Level Contributor
19 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free Vegas

Vegas food, like the city, spans everything from cheap eats to mortgage payment meals, but the variety of gluten free options is more limited. My wife has coeliac disease (gluten allergy) and the following are the places we ate at (without symptoms) during a 3 day September 2013 stay:

Wynn buffet for breakfast is the best bet if you need (or want) to have a gluten free version of the extravagant Vegas buffet. The cost was reasonable ($25 each I think) and the variety/quality was excellent. For the coeliac, just ask the staff who seat you to be told about the gluten free options and they will get one of the chefs to come and literally give you a guided free tour of the many options on the buffet that are GF. We went twice to Wynn for breakfast and the 1st chef my wife got was better than the 2nd, because the 1st guy even told my wife what items she could have by asking a chef at that station to get a fresh serving, without a certain topping (i.e. breadcrumbs).

Canyon Ranch grill is in the Palazzo (same level as their health spa) and has numerous excellent GF options marked on their menu for breakfast (and possibly other meals). The price was very reasonable too. You get to this restaurant via the guest elevators in the Palazzo (you don't need to stay at the hotel to visit).

Mon Ami Gabi is an excellent french restaurant that faces onto LV Boulevard at the bottom of the Paris Hotel. They have a GF menu with plenty of options. Great service and atmosphere. A little expensive, but well worth it.

Project Pie in MGM Grand do very good GF pizzas for a bargain price. This place is a bit hard to find - you walk through the MGM Grand towards their check-in desks, then go downstairs towards the Brad Garrett Comedy Club and it's on your right.

Serendipity do over the top American food, most of which is definitely not GF. But the Frozen Hotel Chocolate is GF and is plenty big for two to share. It's in front of Caesars.

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
Red Electric Bike Tours
Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Las Vegas Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Dublin
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free Vegas

Thanks for update. Currently in Vegas with gluten free requirements.

At Wynn buffet yesterday - very disappointed with quality (view shared by both coeliac / non coeliac) and assistance (server was shocking!)

Wicked spoon much better

PF Changs (planet Hollywood) - excellent as always

Border Grill (Mandalay) - really good Mexican

Lombardi's - mediocre pizza in PH

Agree about Mon Ami Gabi - also does good breakfast

Going to try Verandah (4H) for breakfast tomorrow. Supposed to have GF options

Dublin
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free Vegas

Verandah - disappointed with service (cheque was on my table while I still had about 25% of my meal left!

In addition, the gluten free 'Quattro' wasn't wheat free :-(

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free Vegas

MAG was awesome for me when we visited last Sept. We dined there often as they also had GF beer at a reasonable price. Will return soon to sample their wares.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free Vegas

MAG was awesome for me when we visited last Sept. We dined there often as they also had GF beer at a reasonable price. Will return soon to sample their wares.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free Vegas

What is MAG?

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten free Vegas

MAG is Mon Ami Gabi a restaurant in the Paris Hotel.

Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
148 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gluten free Vegas

Burger bar (between Mandalay Bay and Luxor) has delicious burgers with a gluten free bun option. Was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the bun. Was sweet and tasty, not incredibly crumbly (but there's only so much you can do without gluten), but soft and not overpowering on the burger. You'll want to be sure and get some mayo or other moist topping, it can be a little bit dry, but please don't think that means it's not good, it's delicious!

Burger bar allows you to build your own burger, and they have delicious topping options. I had portobello mushroom with grilled red peppers, smoked gouda cheese and grilled onions with aoli mayo. Messy but omg delicious.

Edited: 09 October 2013, 18:26
8. Re: Gluten free Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:17