We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

Anyone done it? worth doing it? Prices involved?

Am thinking of doing it as its a bit different but would like peoples thoughts, thanks.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
47 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

I'm interested in this as well, saw the one at Mandalay last time we were in Vegas but didn't have time to hit it up.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

Just booked for 18 people.

1 hour with 2 drinks, 10 photos, regular boots coat and gloves.

Cost $840 (about £540)

Personalised ice sculpture extra $320

Going on Saturday will post feedback

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

We went last year and it was a fun and different thing to do. Yes it was expensive, but I think worth it, but......you get cold very fast, I did anyway, we maybe were in there 45 minutes. There are lots of cool ice chairs with fur rugs to sit on, but I preferred to keep moving around to keep warm, lol. They actually opened one in NYC, and I would go just to compare the insides. The only negative thing was you aren't allowed to bring in your own cells or cameras, they make you buy their photographers photos, which again are pricey, but it is Vegas. I think by the time we paid for our drinks, boots, gloves and coats, it was already like $75. Enjoy it, I think it's worth going to check it out !

Level Contributor
943 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

Didn't realise you have to pay for the boots, gloves etc - is this by the hour and how much - thanks as always

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

Sorry I don't remember the prices, but they are expensive, we chose the cheapest package, you have to buy a package. Our package was the 2 drinks, gloves, coats and boots, with the free shot. Then you could upgrade to a fur coat, and fur hat, furry boots, then a package with 2 drinks, etc. To be honest I am glad we didn't stay for two drinks, but I am sure if you have a group and you pay for the photographer, two drinks are probably good to pass the time especially paying for the photographer, but for me it was freezing by 45 minutes, lol. I actually was ready after 30 minutes, but I dragged my husband in there for almost $100, and I was trying to get our money's worth, lol. I think I should have upgraded to the fur coat, lol !

Edited: 07 October 2013, 14:40
Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

I just used myVEGAS coins (25,000) to redeem Two Free Entries into this ice bar. I am going at the end of October.

I have heard you must store your belongings in a locker - no cell phone or cameras (how would you use them anyway?!).

There's also a free shot coupon that I found from a simple Google search.

Portland
Level Contributor
477 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

I've been 3 times.

It's not that expensive. They allow you to split up the drinks. For example, I think the two drink package was $20-$25 per person and then they allowed you to pay $10 for entry with no drinks so for $30 you had two people's entry and they each had a drink.

They also allow you to buy premade shots for around $2-$3 each. Bottom line for our group was we each paid $20 including tip and we each had coats (not the cool fur ones but these worked just fine) and gloves along with a drink and a shot.

Also, if you're going as a group, just have one person buy the photo. They give you an electronic copy that you're welcome to share with everyone else.

They tell you that your cellphones will freeze but they don't. Twice we've brought at least one phone in and taken a couple pictures (including very obvious group photos) and no one has ever asked us to leave.

One thing I'll add though is that we've always visited during the afternoon/early evening. Nights may be a different price scale.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

Glad somebody got a deal Trifecta!!!

Hubs looked at me like I was crazy when we saw the prices and I still wanted to go in......and yes we went after 10pm, so maybe that had something to do with it and it's was there busy season. And lol for brining your camera in, I wanted to but my husband said he wasn't buying me a new Iphone if it really froze, lol !!!

Edited: 07 October 2013, 17:02
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

Went there in May of this year. Was actually a My Vegas freebie. We paid about $10 each for a drink - got given a free shot too. We were the only people in the bar at the time and the photographer did about 10 pics with us in weird and wonderful positions around the bar. Bought one of the pics afterwards which was about $20.

We got jackets, boots and gloves. With it being May we were both wearing shorts and t-shirts so even with the furry gear still felt really cold.

It's worth doing though - I wouldn't have been unhappy had we paid for entry - some very cool (no pun intended) sculptures etc.

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Minus 5 Ice Bar in Monte Carlo

I don't understand the whole "your phone or camera will freeze" thing. Do they seriously say that? Do you guys think that everyone in the northern US has to leave their cellphones at home for a quarter of the year or they won't work anymore?

I've done it twice with groups and it was fun, but we already had a bit of a buzz on. I definitely wouldn't plan on it being the first stop of the night.