We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

I just noticed the new $100 bills will be coming out, I wonder if I will see them in Vegas in 3 weeks...not that it matters but I guess I should get the old ones from the bank before I leave

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

Take the old $100's and win a lot of new $100's.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

A recent QOD on las vegas adviser involved if the slots would recognize the new 100s.and basicly the word was........... nobody could honestly say yes or no. but it sounded like it would be aquick fix if they did not.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

I think the release date is tomorrow???

Funny that you should mention the new new 100s. I had to go to the bank today, and in my spoils was one of the old 100s. You know back when Benjamin Franklin had a dinky face? ;) I was tempted to squirrel it away, but it's too faded to ever be worth more than say ... a hundred dollars.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

Moving further off-topic but still on the subject of old bills, I got an old style $5 bill in my change at a newsstand at LAX last year. It looked just like the bills that finished a few years ago with the dinky Lincoln about half his current size but it just felt weird as the paper seemed twice as thick as normal and much better quality.

On closer inspection, the bill was issued in 1956! I'm guessing it must have been outside of the US and lying in a drawer since then before arriving with somebody on a flight that day as it looked like it had been printed the week before. Weird.... :-)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,850 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

I remember when the current bills first came out (1996, I think), they looked like Monopoly money! A cashier at a local 7-11 refused to accept one. He told me that because the bill didn't look anything like a real bill, he wasn't going to call the cops on me.

Scunthorpe,England.
Level Contributor
274 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

Without sounding a thicko.i`m from GB and have been buying 100 dollar bills for my next visit in June,will they still be legal tender? (await the ridicule)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

Lufc67, They are still Legal Tender. There have been times when a slot machine would not accept an older bill, however, the cashier at the cage was happy to exchange a new bill for the old.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

US bills remain legal tender however old their design, other than perhaps really old designs that are say 100 years old. The 1956 bill I referred to in my earlier post is 100% legal, not that I've any intention of spending it.... :-)

Scunthorpe,England.
Level Contributor
274 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

Thanks for that,different country different rules and all that.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,634 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New $100 dollar bills coming out this week

"Lufc67" , I don't know why you would expect ridicule, its a very reasonable question. Now here's the process...first, you need to send your old worthless bills to a US citizen, as we are the only ones who can exchange them for you. I am willing to help, and have sent you the address of my Post Office box via private message...

:)

Edited: 07 October 2013, 21:57