We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas early February. Yes or No.

Wales
Level Contributor
85 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas early February. Yes or No.

Hi everyone,

Will be travelling from U.K 5th Feb for one week. Thinking we will see some winter sun as opposed to minus temps back here in the UK. Now I know most pools will be closed, and we will only be looking at about 12C temps but that's 12 degrees higher than home. There are some good deals around (due to the time of year). What I would like to hear is people's views on if if it is still worthwhile going in Feb, or save our money towards our trip in October. Will we be disappointed in February by shows being closed etc etc or is everything open,just quieter. Thanks everyone.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,837 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

I'd personally wait until Oct which can have some of the best weather of the year - coming from the UK is a long way and on holiday I want it warm enough for shorts & t shirts rather than pants and sweaters.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

Not at all. We are going the last week in January. Shows will be up and running after holiday break. 60 degrees and sunshine is much better than the snow and freezing temps in Pittsburgh.

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

Being from Wisconsin, I agree with RanMan07. We have gone multiple times in February and only once was it pretty chilly out (high 50s). Otherwise it was over 60 sometimes in the 70s.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

If you have to go in the winter, that's a good time. You miss the December show shutdowns, the giant January conventions, and the weather isn't *that* bad, and everything except for the pools is still happening. You might even get to see rain!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

I would choose to wait for October. Everyone has different opinions. That is just mine.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

Is the question Feb vs Oct or should we do Feb in addition to Oct?

If its one or the other, October. If both, yes, do both!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,099 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

Given where I live in the UK it is 65-70 on a sunny summer's day, and 32-40F with horizontal rain in winter, a sunny 60F for a high would mean a nice comfortable trip.

Maybe not exactly sunbathing weather, but I'd sit outside in that. In fact I did in Malta this year late Feb. Early Feb so much the better. Even mid 50's and sunny would get me outside on a sheltered South facing patio.

I have a place in SW florida where in Feb it can be high 50's-60 in winter then.

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

I have been a few times in Feb early and late. There is no snow and never got to freezing while I was there. I enjoyed the few times and would go back.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

Everything will be open except the pools. I don't think February is the quietest month. For one thing there are a few government and bank holidays, plus Valentines Day in February, so at times the crowds are pretty decent. Since I have a dislike for triple digit heat, I much prefer February to many other months in Vegas.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas early February. Yes or No.

February is generally ok but this last winter it was abnormally cold (well for us anyway).

We rarely get snow but when we do people go mad like the world is ending. I'm like, people its gonna melt tomorrow, you don't need 4 gallons of milk! Hilarious.