We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
457 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

We just had some friends of ours say they were in Mississippi (Tupalo??) and they said the slot machines had a button you pushed, and then chose a drink you wanted. THey said the drink would be delivered in a remarkably short period of time by a CW. Didnt they do a trial of this in Las Vegas at the Venetian? Has anyone heard if it is an up and coming thing out there?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

Sounds great to me!

Where do I sign?

Mastic Beach, New...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

Bally's in Atlantic City had some of those machines, but I can't say they worked great if the end result was meant to be faster cocktail waitress service.

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Detroit
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

Caesars Windsor has them but I have never seen them in Vegas. The servers do rush faster as they are timed on how fast they get drinks out as they have to push a button once the drink is served. Alcoholic drinks are NOT comped in Canada so have no idea if this would would work in Vegas.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

They also have this service in Horseshoe Cincinnati (Total Rewards) and were served our drink orders in less than five minutes each time. This was also our result on a busy Saturday night! I agree - maybe in a city like Vegas where the drinks are comped, it wouldn't be such a great idea.

I know Rio has servers take orders on iPads and a separate server brings your order within minutes. That system works great, also. Maybe the iPad drink service will catch on.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

They did it in Palazzo as of May. I liked it. Wouldn't say it was remarkably fast, though.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

they have this in new Orleans as well.

I was still undecided if I actually liked it better than the old fashioned way.

Pros.... You could have your fav drinks listed on the screen and when all went well the drinks came fast.

cons. a few times I would get a message saying my drink order was being processed yet it never showed up, eventually showing a message that it failed.

I also think it tracks your drinks and in some locations may or may not allow you more drinks over a set period of time?.

I still think a healthy tip..... with a request to bring another round on her next trip still works best for me.

Level Contributor
2,030 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

It seems like it would catch on quickly as the goal of free drinks is to get you sloshed as fast as possible to give them all your money.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

"I also think it tracks your drinks and in some locations may or may not allow you more drinks over a set period of time?."

This is exactly why I do not like this system in LV

I still think a healthy tip..... with a request to bring another round on her next trip still works best for me."

This always works well for me too!

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

I guess it would also depend on how much you enjoy gadgets. being a caveman,I as mentioned I prefer the old fashioned way.

.It was pretty kool seeing your favoret drinks show up on the screen as you ordered.

But I hope they keep it old school in vegas.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drink service from a button on your slot machine.

As said earlier Windsor's Caesers has it. Nice you don't have to get up and go to the bar or look for a CW. When we were in New Orlean's in the March I ordered a beer and on the screen it has Budweiser with a $ sign beside it and another on without. I started hitting the one without the $ sign and they came free all night. The CW waitress told my wife to stop ordering beers and have me order 2 at a time, Cause they were coming up on her computer 0$. Worked for me. Free beers and she got tipped very well :)