We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

North East
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rental

We always rent a car because we stay just off the strip and enjoy the freedom of traveling to places more quickly and exploring outside the general "strip" area.

We usually rent from Dollar and have spent about $150 for the week in late November, early December for the past several years. This year, including all fees and taxes, we are looking at prices nearly double. What gives?

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Supply and demand

Rates change often. Keep checking.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Yup, I am in the same boat for January. I'm getting about $150 for three days, it's crazy. I keep checking, virtually every day.

South Pole
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

yup seems like they are all raising prices together

the best I can find is Budget $338 for 2 weeks out the door

for a compact

go to this site:

http://www.carrentalsavers.com/budget.html

for the BCD drop down box, select $119 weekly rate

for the coupon drop down box select $30 off weekly

maybe you will get the same deal I got.

Good Luck,

Bob

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
414 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

I am going 11/1-11/6 which includes a weekend. I am an Alamo Insider. With that and the ACG discount code, I have a mid size for $121 all in.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

I have been renting from Alamo for the last several trips, and this year alone, here were the prices I paid for a 3+ day rental of a full size car:

May 17-20 - $54

June 28-Jul 1 - $60

Oct 5-8 - $112

Rental car rates are just higher than normal right now. However, with as much running around that we do when in Vegas, it is still cheaper than cabs.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,196 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

Keep checking as your dates draw nearer. I am heading out on the 18th and had booked through Dollar for a mid-size for $188 for a week. Checked yesterday through BJ's (similar to Costco) and got a full size through Alamo for $104 all in. Happy, happy!

Good luck!

7. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:19