We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for Vegas?

Orlando, Florida
9 posts
Save Topic
What to pack for Vegas?

I've been to vegas before and think I over packed and trying to just carry on this time.

Going with my boyfriend over Halloween, his first time

What to pack for 4 days ? and Any good suggestions for things to do over than usually sightseeing

Edited: 10 October 2013, 21:25
UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

A pair of jeans, 3\4 length trousers, a couple a tops, a dress, 3 evening outfits, swimwear inc. cover-up, a lightweight jacket and a couple of pairs of comfy shoes.

Enjoy your trip

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

And money...lots of money

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

Check the weather before you come. May need a jacket

We have started with carry on.

No need to over pack.

Change your tops.

Have fun

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

We always stay 4 nights, and always just take carry-ons. I take a day & night outfit for each day. A good tip is to put all your shoes in a backpack! Have a good time!!

oakland ca.
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

What is the big problem checking luggage. I will never get the thrill of walking around the airport lugging luggage, or the fun of trying to stuff your 2ft bag in a 1ft compartment, when all it takes is a extra 10 minutes to not have to worry about such nonsense.

oakland ca.
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

Packing bare minimum for a 4 day trip to avoid checking luggage makes absolutely no sense to me. It's only an extra 10 minutes.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 22:25
Orlando, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

Thanks,

I have quick plane change overs so don't want the added risk of lost luggage if I check. Are the pools still open in the end of October?

From Florida so use to the weather.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,346 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

I have done 5 days in Vegas w/ a carry on & backpack; different outfits for day & night & 6 pairs of shoes!! (I think I had 2 pr. shorts, 4 pr. capris/pants & 10 tops, plus toiletries)

There are 2 keys to this--plan to wear pants more than once (so think black, grey or chocolate brown; navy could work too) AND....

ROLL your clothing in your bag. DH & I were astounded how much more fits in a bag when you roll! And if you are careful it minimizes wrinkles.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

Have fun in Vegas. I'll be there for Halloween also. :)

New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What to pack for Vegas?

Have fun it will be a great time.....