We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$780. Round trip for 2, staying at Monte Carlo

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
$780. Round trip for 2, staying at Monte Carlo

Didn't realize it at the time but wow, did I get a deal :)

2 round trip tickets from Jacksonville, Florida to Vegas for $280 total (45 min layover in Atlanta each way).

4 night stay (Saturday-Wednesday) at the Monte Carlo with strip view. My boyfriend was able to get them to waive the resort fee (just politely asked) so that made it $499 total.

Had an amazing time. First timers and already trying to find a deal to get back soon!

My concern is that I got too good of a deal and will never see that again?? We don't travel often so I don't know. The hunt is on hahah :)

Edited: 12 October 2013, 17:04
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: $780. Round trip for 2, staying at Monte Carlo

I wish I could get flights at that price from Canada...though if I could I'd be there every second weekend, so it's probably good that I can't =)

Not sure if your dates were over some busier time, but you should be able to do better than $500 for 4 nights at Monte Carlo. If you can get flight prices like that again and watch the dates you travel, I think you can go cheaper yet.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $780. Round trip for 2, staying at Monte Carlo

Those prices aren't bad at Monte Carlo. I booked for only 3 nights and it was .$123 per night. I thought that was expensive but cheaper tha Flamingo. Don't know why so high right now.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: $780. Round trip for 2, staying at Monte Carlo

It makes a huge difference when you go. The same room at MC is well over $100 per night the 3rd week of Oct and $40 a night the last week of Oct. That's what I meant by you can do better if you watch your timing. That needs to be balanced with the flight prices of course...no point picking $40 days if the flight is $300 more those dates.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $780. Round trip for 2, staying at Monte Carlo

try smartervegas.com for hotel deals.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
342 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $780. Round trip for 2, staying at Monte Carlo

because_racecar, amazing rate for airfare ! I couldn't tell for sure from your post if the flights were purchased separately or if it was an airfare + hotel package.

May I ask you which airline and how far in advance did you purchase? I'm guessing AirTran or Delta if going through Atlanta. Trying to keep really good tabs on airfare between home (Las Vegas) and Jacksonville FL because both of our parents live in Jax. I would very much appreciate any information you can share !

6. Re: $780. Round trip for 2, staying at Monte Carlo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18