We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limo from airport worth it?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Limo from airport worth it?

Hi all,

I been a lurker for a few weeks, this is a great forum. I love the tunnel discussions. I also cancelled this timeshare presentation I had after reading the many reviews how its would not actually be 2hrs only. Thanks for that!

I'm surprising my girlfriend with a trip to Vegas for her 26th birthday, and I have been thinking about adding to the surprise by having a limo waiting for us (Presidential Limo) at the airport. We will be staying at The Platinum Hotel.

My only concern is if the trip would really be worth the cost. ($75). I read that your 1hr time with the limo starts when the plane lands, so while we wait for luggage that cuts into our time, that really sucks. I never been to Vegas before but at other airports sometime luggage can take at like 20minutes if its a big flight.

Has anyone done the presidential limo from air who had checked luggage? Was it still worth it for the amount of time you get with the limo?

I know i can get a limo while at the airport but I think its more expensive and it kind of ruins the surprise of having it there waiting for us as we leave the plane.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,280 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

"Has anyone done the presidential limo from air who had checked luggage? Was it still worth it for the amount of time you get with the limo?"

I have and for me it was worth it although no doubt others will disagree - I can get a cab anytime but getting met at baggage claim with your name on the sign and the limo just adds to the Las Vegas experience - we even had time to go via the Welcome Sign where the limo driver was happy to take pictures.

Just remember to tip the driver - around $20 is the going rate.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

Probably worth it for your GF, I am going solo so I am not

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,905 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

Not only is it worth it, it's absolutely priceless. The driver will meet you at baggage and help with bags. He will give your GF a rose, and you will have a bottle of cheap champagne for your ride. Ask the driver to stop by the Welcome Sing, and he will gladly take pictures.

We always check bags, and it has never been more than a 10 minute wait at baggage. But we do take Southwest, and they are incredibly efficient at McCarron.

When you get home she is going to tell her friends and family about her trip. And where do you think her story is going to start? With the limo at the airport. Absolutely priceless!

BTW: Your other options are waiting in a 15 minute line for a cab, or taking a shuttle bus.

Horseheads, New York
Level Contributor
471 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

MarcDS,

I do the Presidential web special every time I go to Vegas. It is so worth it to me. I also check bags each time and my bags usually beat me to the baggage claim.

Yes your time starts when the wheels touch down, I tracked this the last time and I think it was 17 minutes to baggage claim although it seemed like several hours as I was in a high row of the plane.

So about the time you meet your driver you will have 40 minutes left which certainly will be more than enough time even with a stop at the Vegas sign.

It is a great way to start your Vegas trip,

Enjoy

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

You're making a good point. It's a very short ride ...... but it is absolutely worth it. As others mentioned ...... ESPECIALLY for the girlfriend.

Also, you can make a quick stop on the way to the hotel for "supplies" (booze ... haha)!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

I've done the limo once, and cabs all of the other times. As your main reason for the trip is to impress your GF, I'd recommend the limo. It's just a pretty fun way to start the trip, and will definitely score you plenty of brownie points. It's a fun experience and one that I doubt she'd had too many times. It makes you feel important and it's something memorable.

Since you're staying off-strip, I'd try and go to the LV sign, take a picture, and then have him swing down Las Vegas Blvd and loop around to your hotel.

If it were just guys going, I'd never book a limo, but that's just me.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

I agree with the others as to being worth it. I take a limo all most every time I go to Vegas but after I get my bags I just go out to the Limo line area and hire one there. It's cheaper and in case of delayed planes, late limo driver arrival, etc., it avoids a lot of hassles. The one time I pre-hired a limo, it took us awhile before we found the driver with our name on the sign and it blew the surprise I had planned for my fiancee at the time because we had all ready retrieved our bags and I was walking around looking for the driver. She kept saying, the cab line is over there and wondering what the heck I was doing. I finally had to tell her I hired a limo and was looking for our driver.

Edited: 14 October 2013, 18:50
SMac
Level Contributor
61 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

I'm sure the limo ride would be great and your girlfriend would love it, but because the ride is so short, I'd put the money into something else. I've always wanted to do one of those night time helicopter rides over the Strip. Just looking online, I see LasVegas Tours has a night flight special for $90 per person, includes transportation with a chauffeured vehicle. But the chauffeured vehicle is ONLY if you travel by the end of October. I'm sure there are lots of other cool tours by other companies too that you can check into.

Glen Burnie...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

Presidential Limo has an online special. Where you get champagne and long stem rose. I am doing this when I go to Vegas at the beginning of Nov. I think you girlfriend will feel super special so just go for it.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Limo from airport worth it?

Nah...

I'd get more value having a taxi driver pit stop at a liquor store en route to your hotel.