We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for New Years Eve?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for New Years Eve?

My wife and I are headed to Las Vegas for this new year's eve. I was wondering if people who have been there during New Years in the past could reflect on their experience.

I was hoping that we could find a place that isn't too crowded with a nice view of the fireworks. In an ideal world I imagine being on the roof of a hotel with a blanket to sit on and a bottle of wine. However I'm guessing this either a) doesn't exist or b) many people have similar ideas and EVERYWHERE ends up being crowded.

I am open to other ideas and suggestions and welcome anyone who is willing to share their experience (bad or good). Hopefully other readers can benefit as well.

Thanks,

James

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for New Years Eve?

A Terrace Suite at Cosmopolitan is my suggestion.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for New Years Eve?

I ended up watching them from the window of my room at Palazzo one year. But unless you have a room with a good view, a local friend of mine suggests the rooftop garage at Goldcoast. You could "tailgate" I guess if you have a car, or if not, I guess you could just cab over and walk up.

Jamestown, New York
Level Contributor
392 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for New Years Eve?

I did the bridge bash a couple of years ago at New York New York. You could see the fireworks from the Tropicana, MGM, Planet Hollywood from there and it was not crowded. However I have heard that it is not going to be operating this year due to construction. For what it look like I would avoid standing in the streets you're just packed in there like sardines.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for New Years Eve?

Bring gloves, it gets cold at Midnight.

Have fun

5. Re: Tips for New Years Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:19