We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

Belfast
Level Contributor
10 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

Hello everyone I am flying to Vegas and staying on the strip mid November. Can I ask what advise there is with regards to Airport Transfers i.e. Would I be best booking them before I go or is the taxi at the airport pretty reliable and resonable?

Thanks

Peter

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,628 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

Hi Pete,

Pretty reliable and reasonable. Around 15-20 US for your stretch, if you're on your own the shared shuttles would be cheaper (and slower).

In order to get the proper taxi price, insist on bringing you to the strip hotel using a normal direct route (printing a rough map of Vegas might help); taking the Expressway and infamous tunnel for mid strip generally only helps the pockets of the taxi driver, not yours and neither the time to reach destination.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

Unless you require a town car or limo, reservations are not needed. Although if you want one on the spur of the moment, they are usually available for hire.

There are shuttle buses that run from $7 to $15 one way or you can catch a cab which vary of course.

I prefer the shuttle bus so I don't have to argue with the cab driver over the underpass.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,849 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

Apart from tunnel not to tunnel question the cab would be more convenient.

Belfast
Level Contributor
10 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

Thanks for your help folks I think I will just book airport transfers online.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,196 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers

>I think I will just book airport transfers online

No need to do that. The cost is the same at the airport (less any transaction fees when booking online). Depending on where you're staying and the number in your party it may be less expensive and certainly *much* faster to just grab a taxi.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,991 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers

If there are two or more of you, a taxi is cheaper than a shuttle.

If you go on a shuttle, you may need to wait until they fill the bus before you leave the airport. The shuttle may make many other stops before reaching your hotel. What could be a 10 minute cab ride for $15 may become a one hour process $7. After a 10 hour flight I would want to get to my hotel as quickly as possible. And has been said, if you choose to do a shuttle there is no need to pre-book it.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers

If you are traveling alone check out Bell Trans VIP airport shuttle

bell-trans.com/las-vegas-limousine-service-p…

no hassle and $28 per person roundtrip, plus tip

Must be booked on-line

Edited: 21 October 2013, 20:56
8. Re: Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:20