We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White capris

Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
White capris

Stupid question.. We are going to Vegas Oct 29th, and was wondering if it's ok to wear white capris/ pants.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
968 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White capris

why not... people wear a lot more offensive outfits, lol :)

2. Re: White capris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 20:35
albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: White capris

I love my white capris..lol! I have a dress pair, and a jean pair with ripped holes...lol, hell to the yeah and even for a 50 year old, they are sexy, as my DH puts it...lol! just wear a nice top, like with fall colors, since white goes with everything and you'll be good to go.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: White capris

I'm guessing the OP may be referring to the tradition of white clothing only being "acceptable" between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't give you a second glance whatever you were wearing, in Vegas or anyplace else.

Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White capris

MsNVegas.... Thanks so much for your nice answer......

Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White capris

Blogger that exactly what I meant... Thanks so much...:))

Hamilton,Ontario
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White capris

Oops, my mistake.... I meant blagger. So sorry.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: White capris

YW! it used to be where white was worn for special occasions, or spring/summer time, It's like Vera Wang is coming out with pink wedding dresses, boy times have changed...lol! of course you might get the snarky ones saying "ooohhh lets save those capris for summer time" I say you wear what you feel confident in, sexy in, etc.

Now we know capris come in somewhat different lengths, so if they are a little longer, pair them up with some nice boots or a heeled ankle boot, for fall weather or not...lol

Anyway I hope you have a great time! Win lots and be safe!

Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: White capris

Being from the UK I've never heard of this tradition. Apologies for sounding so curt, but it was the way it was worded with no mention of why it would be a bad idea. Thanks blagger for clearing that one up!

Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: White capris

I agree, that was a very old tradition, but I don't think it applies anymore. When I was young I was also told to never wear pink and red at the same time. Well now you buy clothes with both colors in one outfit.

I think maybe the much older crowd (70ish and over) might still go by the old rules but times have changed.

Wear whatever you feel good in.