We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

Cortez, Colorado
Level Contributor
184 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

Since the late fifties the hotels have conducted research that concludes that some 90 % of visitors to Vegas spend LESS THAN FOUR HOURS out of every twenty four in their hotel rooms.

LESS THAN FOUR HOURS (mostly bathing and waiting for someone else to bathe).... how much of each day in Las Vegas do YOU spend in your hotel room?

And could it be possible we are all overthinking our hotel choices if this is the case?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

I don't understand how people spend less than 4 hours in the room if that includes sleeping time too. If you strip out the time showering and changing it probably equates to about 3 hours sleep per person per night.

For those staying one or even two nights and cramming in as much carousing as possible, I can see how it's done but I couldn't do it on on of my 7 days or more trips.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

What about sleeping? I need my eight hours or it's not a pretty site... Plus shower time, hair and makeup another couple of hours....

If I could get away with four hours in total..... wouldn't bother paying for a hotel.... just crash out on a park bench lol

Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

This four hours, does it include sleeping too? If so, I'd say that their research is way off the mark!

Netherlands
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

Agree, weekenders or so might manage but if your there for a week or so then i think those figures are way out. I look on sleeping in Vegas as a waste of time but the old body dictates it must rest properly at some point.

A couple nights in Stage Door till 0400 and then standing drinking coffee outside the Flamingo at 0730, 3 hours sleep just aint going to cut it :-)

D

1700-10

Cortez, Colorado
Level Contributor
184 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

They are including TOTAL TIME in room (source; Sun Sin and Suburbia, by Geoff Schumacher)

They figure 90 percent of guests only spend two nights and don't sleep at all, are you in this catagory?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,442 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

Absolutely not. Our trips from the UK don't allow us to hit Vegas for anything less than 7 nights and sleep has to feature at some point.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

Ahhh the good ole days, Yes I was once one of the group that only spent a few comatose hours in the room. I think I actually got more sleep on the plane than in the room.

But that was 25 years ago.... These days I'm in the 8-10 range.

Cortez, Colorado
Level Contributor
184 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

My answer would be this... my first trip to vegas was like Fear and Lotheing and two days later we checked out of our room... the beds had not been disturbed AT ALL.... now that I somehow managed to live to be older I do sleep, but only after the second night... somehow no matter how far I have driven to get there or how tired I am in Kingman AZ I seem to wake right up at the state line.

Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

Not in that group no, like Karen says, coming from the UK, 2-3 days isn't really feasible.

I still think that's too high a percentage tbh and not realistic, but who am I to argue with research lol!

not Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
389 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are you a "typical" Las Vegas visitor?

I'm pretty sure I don't spend 4 hours PLUS sleeping time in the room but it might be between 2-3.

S,S, & S in the AM = 40 min (for 2)

Back to room to change for dinner/ show = 60 min

Iin at night, throw winnings on bed, separate into denominations, brush teeth, go to bed = 45min ( not really a lot of counting to do )

Total- 40min + 60min + 45min = 145min = 2hr and 25min.