We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas & beach holiday

Scotland
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas & beach holiday

Would like to spend a week in Vegas then fly on to somewhere else to spend a week by the beach. Coming over from the UK and not sure of location / distances. Was thinking maybe Florida - anyone got any ideas of places to spend second part of holiday?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,541 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

I've done similar 2 centre vacations in the past - the best beach option will depend on when you are planning to visit. Florida is an option but would not be my choice during summer months as it's hurricane season with very high temperatures and a chance of heavy rain on almost a daily basis.

Apart from the California beaches where self drive is an option you'll need to fly to your beach destination.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,643 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

The Southern California beaches would be the obvious choice, but if you want a little more "exotic" is look at Playa del Carmen Mexico or maybe even Cabo.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

Hi

Just to let you know, the sea on the west coast of California is like dipping your toe in the north sea. Not a place if you want to swim imo. All the swimmer's I've seen are wearing wet suits.

Clive

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

Might be a little expensive for flights but Hawaiian Airline has direct flights to Hawaii from Las Vegas. Now that's a beach vacation.

Edited: 26 October 2013, 17:05
Scotland
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

Planning our trip for June next year - don't mind taking a flight somewhere but would like to fly direct with no stopovers

Scotland
Level Contributor
63 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

I did think about that but flights are a bit expensive after adding them onto flights from UK.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

If youve not already booked, the hawaii option might be achieveable if booking as a twin centre with someone. Did it a few years ago. Best hol ever. Ever ever!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
597 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

I agree with good beer, Playa del Carmen is not that much farther flight wise and the beaches are gorgeous there! (see my profile pic :)

Edited: 26 October 2013, 17:20
Memphis, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Memphis
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

Florida beaches in June are excellent. Its still very early in hurricane season then, so you'd be unlikely to have a problem with that. For me, the beaches along Florida's panhandle area are perfect that time of the year.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Vegas & beach holiday

I agree with Florida. Miami/fort Lauderdale area for more energy or Naples/fort Meyers area for a quieter vacation.