We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early check in?

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
344 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Early check in?

Possibley arriving in Vegas at 2am. I'd rather not get a room for just a few hours...How early can I check in to have it count for the next day? I know they probably charge extra. Just wondering if anyone has done this? Thanks!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
173 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early check in?

Even the most liberal check-in policies won't get you in earlier than 8-9am. I'd suggest booking a very cheap hotel for the night you arrive and trying to check-in as soon as you get up.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early check in?

Every hotel is different on this, so that's hard to guess. The earliest I've checked in was 11:30am. Depending on the day of the week and occupancy levels, I'm sure it's possible to get in sooner, but I wouldn't count on it at all.

If you're not planning on sleeping at all that first night/morning, then just leave the luggage at the bell desk and come back and try and check in around noon and see what happens.

It would definitely be less hassle and less worry to just book another night, whether that be at the same hotel, or a different, cheaper, one, but only you can decide what you'd like to do.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early check in?

I'd go for booking an extra night. If the hotel allows an early check-in around noon, you'd still be "roomless" for about 10 hours at the beginning of your trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Early check in?

Well, I've read that Vegas hotels don't consider it the next day until after 6am. So for example if you get to the hotel by 3am and stay only a day, you'd have to checkout by the 11am-12pm check out time that same day.

If staying longer, that is your first night.

Edited: 26 October 2013, 22:27
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Early check in?

Sorry. Realized others have said what I was going to say.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
7,012 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early check in?

I once checked in at a hotel somewhere (not Vegas) at about 3am or so. Since the person had already done her nightly stuff (for lack of a better term) based on the hotel occupancy already, she just gave me the room for no charge for that night. I was staying a few nights anyway.

Don't expect that to happen, especially in Vegas where I'm sure it's common for people, after a night of gaming/drinking/partying, to decide they need a room to crash in for the night.

My suggestion - pay for the room. Since most check-in policies allow you to take a room at 3pm or so, and early check-in is a few hours before that, you're not getting a room for 'a few hours', but rather for 13 or so hours.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
9,269 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early check in?

2am on a Monday or Tuesday is also different than a Friday or Saturday.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,232 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early check in?

What will you do if they don't have a room ready for you until Noon or later? Stagger around bleary-eyed and then collapse into bed and sleep right through your first real night in town? This plan really has "bad idea" written all over it if you think it through.

Get a room for your arrival, even just a cheap off-strip place to sleep for 5-6 hours.

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
344 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early check in?

Irishfan, I was asking if it was possible to get a room early....not that we had a plan to do it.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,232 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Early check in?

So, sounds like a good plan not to have, then!