We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas NYE

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Las Vegas NYE

Hello everyone!

I'm gonna be in Las Vegas for NYE, I'm travelling alone. Is it dangerous to travel alone there at that time of the year?

Anyone have any tips or places to go ideas? Anyone travelling alone there in the same time?

Cheers,

Anna

1. Re: Las Vegas NYE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 13:57
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas NYE

Hey!

First of all thank you for your answer, I appreciate it.

Im arriving to Las Vegas on the 30th and leavind the 3th, I ll be staying at the Flamingos.

My budget is I suppose normal, I would like to go out and enjoy myself but of course I can't allow myself to pay for a table... It depends on teh options, of course if a good plan comes along I don't mind to spend more money.

Thanks in advance!

Anna

Phoenix, Arizona
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas NYE

The only real danger will be hypothermia.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas NYE

I will take good care of that!

It is really that cold?

Anna

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,526 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas NYE

Of course it varies. But for averages, on December 31 the average low temperature is 3 degrees Celsius, and the average high is 13.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Vegas NYE

http://www.vegas.com/newyears/

lasvegas-how-to.com/new-year-in-las-vegas.php

We will be there also, looking at KOI, Margaritaville, or just hanging out on the Strip.

Edited: 27 October 2013, 18:50
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Vegas NYE

You will be in the perfect spot. Fireworks are shot off the roofs at Midnight. You are at a central spot. Just check the weather before you leave home. Bring gloves and a hoodie. Or buy it in vegas.

Enjoy the strip at Midnight

Glasgow
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Vegas NYE

Hi,

I am also travelling alone for New Year in Vegas.

Flamingo is a good location on the strip.

I'm also looking for New Year ideas but have the same problem as not being able to get a table on my own in a club.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Vegas NYE

If anyone is alone in Las Vegas and wants to celebrate NYE we could meet up!

About what time we should get tickets for nightclubs¿

Anna

Glasgow
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Vegas NYE

I am up for meeting with others alone in Las Vegas over New Year. Should create a post for meet up's.

I'm going 30th - 4th January.

I'm looking at nightclubs now but don't know how to decide - so much to choose from.

I wass wanting to go to the New York New York Bridge Bash as it had an outdoor area with strip fireworks and unlimited bar but it doesn't seem to be to on this year.

Trying to decide if being on the strip or in a nightclub is the best idea?