We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo room upgrade

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
296 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo room upgrade

Hi all,

I'm coming into town a few weeks from now (11/23 - 11/27) staying at MC, One of the only M-life hotels left that I have never stayed in, got an offer a while back that was too good to pass up. I'm also solo on this trip so a good time to try a new one.

Couple of questions: Has anyone had any luck with complimentary room upgrades at this hotel recently? (either by asking politely or bribe) and is the next level up the ladder worth paying for, IYO if no complimentary upgrades are available. the current deal includes the standard deluxe king, high floor.

Thanks for the help guy's look forward to your opinions...

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo room upgrade

I think the next room you'd want is the spa suites. I'd try either bribing or asking either a free upgrade or at least a discounted rate on the upgrade if you really feel you need it.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo room upgrade

The smallest upgrade from there is the Strip View. The Spa and Monaco suites you probably have to pay for.

The Spa has a large jetted tub by the window and a bar. The Monaco has a jetted bath tub and separate shower, no bar. Both have a sofa / TV lounge area. Diamond Suite is above these.

I have had mlife offers for a standard room but even though I am Platinium I never got an upgrade to these. But recently got offers for these rooms. I got an upgrade from offered Monaco to Spa for $15, I could watch the TV from the tub.. Last trip I got Monaco and was happy with that.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo room upgrade

Last December me and my husband were upgraded from a high floor strip view to a Monaco suite (we didn't ask for this, we just asked if there were any upgrades)

Cost us a $20 tip and we were very happy, it was on a lower floor so not much of a view but a much better room

lms3504 - my Monaco suite was nothing like what you have described, maybe they are not all the same

Edited: 29 October 2013, 18:52
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
520 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo room upgrade

I was there in June and granted I used myvegas to get all 4 nights but when asked if they had any upgrades (I even offered to pay the difference because the game would not allow me to) they said they were all booked up. This was a Fir-Tues trip so maybe they were booked up but I was shocked even after offering to pay the difference.

Best customer service I have ever had was at MC though, so that made up for the lack of upgrade.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo room upgrade

Thanks for the responses everyone, Just realized I'm arriving on a Saturday so I could be SOL as far as upgrades go anyway.

I'll just wing it like I always do and see what happens!

6. Re: Monte Carlo room upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:18