We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

If I have the simplest, no frills wedding chapel ceremony how long will the whole thing take from arriving (assuming there are no delays and we enter the 'process' straight away) until we're done?

Thank you.

Level Contributor
943 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

Hi we got married last year at the Chapel of Flowers - ceremony took 7 minutes.

Waited about 10 minutes to see the Minister before the service started.

Depends where you are staying on/off the strip but limo ride there was approx. 15 minutes.

Photos took no more than 30 minutes.

Probably less than an hour - and even though it was short and sweet it was a wonderful service and an amazing experience.

Congratulations.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

Actual ceremony is short. If you need an official marriage licence, that can take some time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

Thank you both.

Call me daft but why wouldn't I need an official marriage licence? Vow renewals for those already married?

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

Some peopel find it easier to just file official paperwork in the UK, rather than file paperwork in the US, then filepaperwork in the UK to bring it over.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

I think you've confused me further!

Are you saying you get married then have to file some paperwork to make it official and that you can do that in the US (as place of wedding) then do some more paperwork (in the UK) to transfer to the UK (as place of residents) OR just file it first time in the UK?

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

I'm not sure why I haven't read into this yet and, of course, I will - thoroughly! - but while we're here...

I'm reading sites that say first thing I do is get a marriage licence from the Marriage Bureau Downtown. Then I get married and after 10 days I can apply to the Clark Country Recorder for copies of the marriage certificate. The sites also say the marriage doesn't need to be registered in the UK; that the marriage certificate is sufficient proof.

So, assuming all that's true, what's the official marriage licence of which you speak, mister? :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

If anyone's got any further input to the official marriage licence point that Zeke made and I didn't understand that's great, otherwise I'm looking for a few more corroborating (or not, of course!) replies regarding the length of time we'll be at the chapel.

I'm at the business end of making bookings now and need to make sure everything times together perfectly!

Thank you.

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

Prior to your wedding, you will need to go downtown to the Marriage License Bureau and fill out paperwork. This can be done quickly if you fill out the paperwork ahead of time on their website....you walk in with a reference number that you print out after filling it all out online and they locate your paperwork straight away. You only have to sign a few papers and you are on your way with the paperwork that you hand your minister to sign after he performs the ceremony. Then yes, you have to mail your request to the Clark County Recorder to obtain your official marriage license after you get home (you will be given the details on how to do this). I am not sure what else you have to do for the UK, but that is what I know about how it works in Vegas...I just got married there last year.

9. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 12:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How long will a simple wedding ceremony take?

Tami R - That is my understanding of the process, too. But ZekeKelso has confused matters with the line, 'If you need an official marriage licence, that can take some time' suggesting either a) you can stick around to get that licence there and then or b) there is another document, another step in the process, that you and I are not discussing.

VegasWildGirl - I have spoken to my venue. I would like to also consider the experiences of others. Which is one of the joys of TripAdvisor as you will discover. Thank you for making me your first post.