We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No More Food!!!!

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
356 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
No More Food!!!!

I feel like the fat guy on Monty Pythons Meaning of Life. I am quite certain I might explode. I have been here 5 days with 2 to go and no I have not been able to resist temptation.

I am staying mid strip and want to find some healthy light ( But still delicious) food choices that don't cost $80 a plate because they have a celebrity chefs photo at the entrance and have 12 pine nuts stacked on the side of the plate.

Where do I go?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No More Food!!!!

You can find healthy options at any restaurant. It just takes 1/2 an ounce of willpower to make the right choices.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No More Food!!!!

Go to the Parasite Garden Buffet at the Flamingo. That meal will clean you out, and you won't even be tempted to eat again until you return home.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No More Food!!!!

I could send you to a salad place, and with toppings and dressing that salad would be over 700 calories.

Steak in itself is healthy. Generally something 10 ounces and under, with veges as a side, would be healthy.

But...if you can't fight temptation, it doesn't matter where you go if you pile on the apps, dessert, etc.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No More Food!!!!

Just venture one block off the strip in any direction and you should be OK. One of my favorite lunch and breakfast spots is the Einstein Bagel two blocks behind MGM Grand. Great healthy egg sandwiches and deli lunches all for under $8.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No More Food!!!!

Go to Milos at the Cosmopolitan for a nice fresh(still alive) grilled fish

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: No More Food!!!!

Eat what you want, then run from Encore to Mandalay Bay and back 3 times and you'll be fine.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No More Food!!!!

Most of the large chain restaurants must display their calorie, fat content etc on their menus.........I find that very helpful when traveling and am often "guilted" into making the right choices just by reading those menus.....

I know you are in Las Vegas the land of indulgence, but if you want to eat light for a meal or so to balance things out a bit, try Denny's, Marie Callendars. Italian Cottage, et al........if you don't have a rental car, you will probably need to take a long, long walk to find one......but hey, walking is good for you, too......

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No More Food!!!!

I get that feeling in Vegas too. Instead of dinner, I'll order 2 light appetizers, usually veggie and seafood based. Ceviche, shrimp cocktail, a salad, etc. avoid fried and carbs. I gained 12 pounds on a Vegas trip last year and am still carrying them around.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No More Food!!!!

I would go straight to Jean Phillipe Patiserie and have a cheese danish and start my diet on Monday.

USA
Level Contributor
216 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No More Food!!!!

I'm looking for good, ligher fare as well. We'll visit a couple of tradtional places I'm sure, but if there are any places that are well-known for ligher fare and a budget, I'd love to hear it.