We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

Widnes, England...
Level Contributor
248 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

Hello all,

A couple of weeks ago I booked one of The Cosmo's One Bed Studio with Terrace at an additional £120 for 7 nights on top of the standard City King room. I think for a Bellagio fountain view or Terrace Suite it was looking for an extra £270 but at the time i opted out of it.

When i get there on the 9th November what is the best way of getting the upgrade? Will they charge the difference of £150 in dollars to upgrade, or was that the rates of my website at the time? (ebookers.com) Could it be much more, or even any less?

Will the fact that i am checking in on a Saturday at 7.30pm stop me from getting an upgrade? I imagine a lot of people go for weekends and splash out on suites etc, but i might get one if i ask on the Sunday/Monday for example?

Help :D

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,205 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

I'm confused exactly what you're looking for or expecting. You won't be able to get an upgrade from one hotel to another. Any upgrade will only be within the hotel (or group at best) you're booked at.

if you want the Bellagio room or suite, if not having it will disappoint you or worse, taint your holiday, call ebookers and pay for the better room. If you want it, if you can't live without it, always book it.

Edited: 31 October 2013, 17:35
Goldsboro, North...
Level Contributor
644 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

You would be more likely to get on on a Sun-Thur than Fri-Sat, no doubt. And you are more likely to get one for a two-night stay than a 5-night stay.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

He wants a Cosmo room with a bellagio fountain view

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

I think what he's saying is that he's already booked into Cosmo in a studio terrace, but he's hoping to upgrade to a fountain view or terrace suite on arrival.

Checking in on a Saturday definitely limits your chances of an upgrade. Supply and demand, and Saturdays are obviously the most popular nights in LV. If you have your heart set on an upgrade, pay for it in advance. It could be the same price to upgrade when you check in, or it could be 3 or 4 times the price you saw originally. Odds are it won't be cheaper.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,205 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

My apologies. Fountain View is the name of a room at the Bellagio. I hope my mistake was self-evident.

Widnes, England...
Level Contributor
248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

It makes sense the Bellagio would have rooms named Fountain View but i didn't even think about it, you are probably not the first person i have confused with that!

Should I e-mail Cosmo and ask in advance about an upgrade and the cost? I'm sure my girlfriend would eat beans on toast for the week if she knew we were getting a better room ha

Lanarkshire
Destination Expert
for Quarteira
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

Dont think there is any point in emailing as generally they will tell you it will be down to availability on the day.

I have a 100% record of upgrades at the Cosmopolitan, either moving from a non fountain view room to one with a view or from a fountain view 1 bedroom to a wraparound.

On most occasions, i used the $20 sandwich however for the Wraparound, i used a $50 one.

The one time i checked in on a Saturday was the wraparound and none of them were available. The guy told me to come back at noon on the Sunday and he would sort for me......and he did.

One of the times, they charged me $30 per night for the upgrade but gave me $200 of credit for drinks and meals which i was more than happy with.

In summary, i wouldnt pay the now. Be really nice and cheery at reception. Slip the $20 in between your ID and Credit Card and ask very nicely. If they ask if it is a special celebration then mention its an anniversary of some sorts as it gives them something to write on the computer as well.

Widnes, England...
Level Contributor
248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

I emailed Resort Services just in case and this was the response:

"I appreciate you taking the time to contact Resort Services with your inquiry. You booked through a third party, therefore you will need to contact your booking agent to upgrade your reservation. We can not alter these reservations."

Does this mean they could not upgrade me on the day either?

louisemcbridechris
Level Contributor
188 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

We've booked a one bed terrace for next year for our wedding

I emailed when we booked and said any upgrades would be appreciated, got an email back saying they'd note the occasion on our reservation and will see what they can do when we arrive

I'm hoping for at least a fountain view, but may do $50 trick and pray for a wrap a round, doesn't hurt to ask and would be happy with what we have currently reserved

Widnes, England...
Level Contributor
248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cosmopolitan Room Upgrades

louise, was that booking direct with Cosmo or through a 3rd party?