We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

New York
Level Contributor
499 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

Many shows start at 7:30Pm and restaurants don't seem to start serving dinner until 5:30PM. Is that enough time to eat and get to a venue that is sort of near the restaurant? For example eating in Circo or Il Mullino at 5:30 and seeing a show at Cesar's Coliseum at 7:30PM? I always wondered why the shows don't start at 8PM.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,550 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,011 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

If we are seeing a show thats around 7pm we always eat after so we can enjoy dinner. We just grab a snack or you can pop in to a happy hour before the show to hold you over.

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

If you inform the server and host of your time concerns, they will make it happen, including menu suggestions- like forget the souffle. We've never had problems when we let the server in on our concerns over time.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,485 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

You must allow 2 hours to enjoy a fine dining experience.

We no longer try and combine a fine dining experisnce and a show the same night. Both deserve to be the centerpiece of the evening. Our most common solution is to skip lunch, have an early casual dinner, and then stop in one of the dessert venues (Jean Philippe if center strip) for dessert after the show.

Rockford, ILlinois...
Level Contributor
297 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

We went to the Aria buffet before our show Love at the Mirage. I believe we got there about 530, and had enough time to eat and catch a cab from Aria to Mirage. (NO way we were going to walk that distance after eating like pigs at a trough) haha

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

Two hours is fine if you are in the same hotel, or next door.....but I would suggest the same hotel. That way you can relax. I am one of those that cannot eat late after a show, preference is eat a little earlier. There is a wonderful Italian restaurant in Caesars. I don't recall the name, but not only could you sit inside, but they have seating outside the restayrant. (Indoors). It was fun to watch the activity while dining.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

If you have a 5:30pm reservation for Il Mulino, then you will have more than enough time to "dine" and make it to a show. The staff is all over you there, and the pace is swift. Complimentary appetizers and the bread basket are served before you're even comfortably positioned in your chair, so you most likely will not need any other appetizers, and although we had a salad course, I would skip it if we ate there again, mostly because the spinach salad was "nothing special". Also, the entree portions are large, and I couldn't finish mine, but we did have dessert and a bottle of wine, and were out of there in less than 90 minutes. Tell the captain that you have a show @ 7 (or whenever), and they'll make sure you don't miss a minute of it. The wait staff is very solicitous; you'll have about four people making sure you have what you need.

7. Re: How much time you need to eat in a restaurant before a show?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:19