We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte Carlo just booked!

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
344 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Monte Carlo just booked!

Thanks to myVegas I just booked a 3 nite stay for the end of February, 2014. We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and my husbands 50th birthday. This is our first stay at the Monte Carlo, 2nd trip to Vegas. Any tips on what floor to request at check in? Our deluxe room will be comped, any idea if upgrades are possible? I do expect there to be a fee. Just the two of us on this trip...any recommendations for dining? Something different....not just the same old steak places or buffets. Thanks!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

Hi

We stayed on a myvegas comp and enjoyed it. Didn't ask for an upgrade but did ask for a high floor and got it. Our view was towards city center and the pool. We had stayed there 13 years ago, not changed much at all in the rooms. Same furniture but bed was cumfy and the room was clean. Only really down side was the pool only give out one towel, so you can't totally cover those less than comfortable plastic slat sunbeds and the quality of towel was low, very thin.

Can't think of anywhere different to eat, all my thought's on it would be same old stuff everyone says.

Clive

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
344 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

Thanks Clive! We most likely won't have pool weather when we go in Feb., so not worried about the pool.

We loved Fleur last time we did Vegas....just looking for something with global cuisine..Thanks! Will request a high floor.

Level Contributor
3,517 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

I just stayed at MC on a myVegas comp night a couple weeks ago. They did not charge the resort fee even though myVegas said they would.

I have eaten at the Pub a couple of times - good option if you also have the MC $50 food credit. Decent food and lots of very good beer's from all over the world.

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

Wifi is only available on the 1st and 2nd floors otherwise wired internet , if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs as walls are quite thin , but otherwise a lovely hotel in a great location , so many food choices in that area , you will be spoilt for choice.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,604 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

That's great! Did you book 3 consecutive nights through rewards? (I'm not sure how booking rewards works, still getting started on my vegas...)

I love the Cosmopolitan for food and drink. Great happy hour at Comme Ca, and lunch at Milos. The Vesper bar makes amazing high quality cocktails.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

Congratulations to you both! You actually can upgrade at time of check in if rooms are available.

I have stayed at Monte Carlo a few years ago, in a high floor room (29 I think). Honestly the lobby is WAY nicer than the rooms. If I were you I would upgrade to Hotel32 (the top floor boutique portion of Monte Carlo).

When I booked I was offered that for an additional $25, should have taken it as the room was dark and dull, the TV was an old CRT model, and was just not impressed. The only drawback to Hotel32's studios (basic rooms) and Suites (basically a large open floor plan with couch and seating area) is that these rooms have no bathtubs only a very large shower. If a romantic bath is something you are looking for these are not what you will want. If you can swing it, the Lofts which run around $300-400 a night look awesome, have a ton of sq/ft and huge bathrooms. Since it is a special day I'd try for this one!

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
344 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

Blossom, yes I booked 3 cons. nites....a regular and a bonus wkday on my card and a regular on my husbands card.

Merced, California
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

I really liked the Dragon Noodle at Monte. If you like Chinese

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,727 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

"We loved Fleur last time we did Vegas....just looking for something with global cuisine.."

How about Red Square at MB? The only Russian Restaurant on the Strip.

Tuckerton, New...
Level Contributor
344 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monte Carlo just booked!

Ktinca, that is a great idea! there was a Red Square in Atlantic City where we live, but it closed before we made it there. Thanks!