We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirage Resort Tower King

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mirage Resort Tower King

Hello,

I was upgraded from a standard room at Mirage to a Resort Tower King (or so I was told). Can anyone help me out on what the difference is from standard to Resort Tower King?

Also, will the $20 trick be worth it after i was upgraded for free? What could I get? Better view?

What is the best view to ask for? After reading some things online I would say the Pool view would be best?

thank you! Going in December!

Special Offer
Las Vegas Night Tour of the Strip by...
138 reviews
from US$39.99*
US$43.04
Las Vegas Club Crawl
10 reviews
from US$39.99*
Las Vegas Strip Ultra Limousine Tour
20 reviews
from US$199.99*
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

1. Does the Mirage website not describe the differences between the rooms and offer floor plans and photographs?

2. What does worth it mean? Does it simply mean will it work? No-one can tell you that. So try it and see. I certainly don't believe your pre-trip upgrade will preclude you from them considering it.

3. What upgrade they might offer you is entirely unknown. Work on the likelihood it'll be one step up the ladder but it comes down to day of the week, time of day, availability, your handling of the situation, the rep's mood and another nineteen factors.

4. Regarding rooms and views and whatnot what makes you value the opinions of whomever might reply here over the online reviews and opinions you've already read?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

Anyone have any first hand information they'd like to share? thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

Are you not happy with the answers I gave?

EDIT: I'll have another crack. Give me a moment.

Edited: 14 November 2013, 15:54
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
182 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

We recently had a room on the 24 floor with a strip view facing south. We were almost at the end of the hall which allowed for a greater view(less of the view blocked by the wing of the hotel closest to the south). We were in 24078. That may help when making a room request.

That being said, other than a peek out the window in the morning to check on the weather, and maybe once at night, the view was kind of irrelevant.

Edited: 14 November 2013, 16:00
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

1. Check these out. They offer virtual tours of all the rooms. You'll be able to see the difference for yourself.

http://www.mirage.com/hotel/guest-rooms.aspx

http://www.mirage.com/hotel/guest-suites.aspx

2. Yes, it's absolutely worth trying. Won't necessarily work but it's worth a try. I certainly don't believe your pre-trip upgrade will preclude you from them considering it. Yes, it'll probably be a view they offer you but, depending on a whole bunch of factors they could offer you more of an upgrade.

3. I think it's just best to ask them what they have available and let them take you through the options. If you ask for something too high they might reject you and then you've done yourself out of the lower upgrade. Regarding the online reviews you've read I think if you've read enough and are happy with them, go with that. There's no reason anybody here will say anything more enlightening.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
182 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

We were really happy with our room and the Mirage in general, but if you would like more details, here is the TR I posted when we got back...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k696000…

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

Better information.

thank you to the both of you!

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

The resort tower king room has a much nicer useable bathroom. The regular room has a motel 6 bathroom. That is the main difference.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,214 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

Why is the bathroom in a Motel 6, and subsequently Mirage Resort Tower King, unusable? What are the factors that allow it to not be used?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mirage Resort Tower King

Axeni01 calls it right. The separate bath and shower along with the double sink found in the Resort Tower King is much better. The tub in the Resort Tower King is jetted, and there are two elevators that service the 24th and 25th floors (the only floors with these rooms) exclusively, so there isn't a long wait. There is no upgrade for $20 from there, but they might offer you a Tower Suite for $50/night.

Edited: 14 November 2013, 16:55