We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fraser, Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

Which one should I choose? Celebrating my 40th birthday with a few other couples. We are coming next April, and want a place that has a nice pool, decent restaurants that don't cost an arm and a leg and a hotel with a good club/lounge that we can dance at. We stayed at the Palms in October and loved it, and didn't even mind it being off the strip since it had a free shuttle to CP. I liked the Aria when we visited it in October (we went to Haze and Gold lounge), but when I look on their website, it seems like there is almost nowhere in the hotel that you can eat for under $20 a person and I read drinks were expensive. We are using our credit card rewards to pay for the hotel, so any of these will be free for us to stay at, so the price difference doesn't matter here. We could also stay at THE Hotel at the MB if we want...

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

Aria is my vote.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
285 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

I've stayed at the first 3 on your list & I would choose Aria hands down! I loved everything about Aria and would stay there again in a heartbeat! If you're looking for cheap, fast-food, you can always walk over to the food court at Monte Carlo, but really, are you planning to eat all your meals at the hotel where you're staying?

Indianapolis,IN
Level Contributor
4,807 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

I'd pick Mirage or Mandalay Bay. Have you considered the. MGM Grand? I mention MGM because it has food choices in all price ranges.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

We just celebrated our friend's 40th at Aria. We ate at Lemongrass and Five50 and had breakfast a couple of times at Jean Philippe, all of which are fairly reasonable. American Fish has a great happy hour and Julian Serano has a $19 lunch special. But yeah, drinks are expensive, including at the pool. I had read that Five50 does $.50 beers every day from 5:00-5:50 but we didn't see anything advertising it.

I have always wanted to stay at The Hotel so that would probably be my second choice, I just like Aria's location better.

Fraser, Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

Thanks everybody...We usually just eat brunch/lunch at the hotel, so maybe looking for who has a good buffet too out of those? We will most likely end up eating dinner somewhere else. I dont think Aria has a buffet??? I thought about MGM, but we already went to Hakkasan the last time we were there, and I was hoping to try a new dance club/lounge in the hotel we will stay at. How is 1Oak in the Mirage and Revolution lounge? I know Monte Carlo doesn't have a "club" but it has the tram...

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,081 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

You know these aren't equal hotels? Mandalay Bay and Aria are 4 star properties, while Mirage and Monte Carlo are a step down.

The cheapest dining will be at Monte Carlo, and that is also the hotel with the cheapest rates. Not a coincidence as all of the hotels try and provide choices their guests will appreciate and frequent.

If you want the luxury room, go with Aria. You can still dine and drink next door at Monte Carlo. If you don't care about luxury go with Mirage or Monte Carlo. Both will probably have the kind of pools you are looking for.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

Aria has a buffet, although I'm not sure how good it is. If you play MyVegas, they offer free buffets (as well as bottle service at Deuce or Haze). You have plenty of time to play and earn some rewards. The one knock on Aria for me is that it only has one full-service breakfast option besides Jean Philippe, the Aria café (I love breakfast on vacation). But we never ate there, instead going to the Henry at Cosmo one day and one day, to MAG.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 19:17
London, UK
Level Contributor
731 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

I'd go with Aria (and Haze). There is a very good buffet at the Aria and very nice restaurants to dine in... You can walk easily to MC and tram it to Bellagio, you won't regret it

CMD
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

Aria.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mandaly Bay, Aria, Monte Carlo, or Mirage?

You can leave your hotel and go to eat. I would pick MGM . Has everything you are looking for.

Mandy bay is lovely. Great eating places. Many nice places. That would be a nice place to stay, take bridge to MGM, then use Monorail or go to other places.

Mid range would be Mirage. Perfect location.

Enjoy