We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

We're planning a 10 night, 9 full days honeymoon in Vegas for next September. Is this too long for sin city? We intend to take a few days out to go to LA and the Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam and to enjoy the touristy things as well as the party scene.

atlanta
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

It's too long for me but I usually go there twice a year and I've been there 15-20 times. I've concluded that four nights is perfect for me. If you've never been, and you take some day trips to break it up, you should be fine. Have fun!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,640 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

You raise a question that will have vastly different responses. I find that many across the Atlantic seem to consider 2 weeks to be a minimal time frame for a visit. I can understand traveling the great distance, expense of ticket, adjustment to time zone are reasons for a longer trip. But for me that much time in one place is too much. I would be spending at least a few days on a road trip to some of our national parks. For me, I hit my limit at around day 4 if it is just Vegas. But I think I am in the minority.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

Considering that I'm going for 14 nights in just a couple of weeks, I'd have to say no, especially with those side trips.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,640 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

You mention going to LA. That really is not a reasonable day trip from Vegas. Were you going to spend some time there in addition to your 9 days in Vegas.? The Grand Canyon can be done as a day trip, but it is far better to spend an overnight there so you can experience sunset and sunrise. You have the time to do that.

GO BUC'S
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

Let's do the math...

-2 days travel ,Arrival / Depature

-1to 3 days LA trip

-1 to 2 days GC trip

So far -6 + days travel.

To do what you want and still Enjoy Vegas..

imo, You will need 9-10 days.

Enjoy & Congrats

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

I think I'd do 4 nights Vegas, 4 nights elsewhere, then bach to Vegas for the last 2 nights. I think Vegas can get sensory overloading easily, and it would be nice to take a break and see some other sights out there.

Jersey UK
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

Just had 8 nights, could have done another easy.

We have been several times to Vegas and do not get bored!!

To much to see and do!!

Every visit I have a list of must do, see etc, each time we return these have not all been done!!

Go and enjoy.

Mims

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

It's not enough for me! :D I went in September for a fortnight (got married there) and the time just flew. Back again next September and I'm already counting the days!

Enjoy every minute of it and congratulations too!

Blackpool UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

We always do 10 nights which we find is perfect, with what you have planned 10 nights will probably be perfect, enjoy vegas we have been lots of times and always enjoy it and want to book for more

Level Contributor
89 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 9 days too long in Vegas?

You will easily fill that time, we had five nights and needed longer. Just depends on your finances