We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Topic
What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

I haven't been in December, February, or May. I had not been in Dec, Jan, or Feb because of cold weather until I visited this past January. I decided then that its Vegas and the weather don't matter. So.....I am knocking out December and February in the next 3 months.....but still do not see me going in May 2014due to a busy month.....That will give me a reason to go in 2015.....perhaps I should have labeled this thread ......"What are your excuses for going to Vegas so much".......I think I am addicted!

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
917 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,581 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

I don't recall a trip in either June or November, at least not in recent years. Obviously weather is a factor, and we prefer Spring and Fall for our ideal trips. And even though I say that we don't go often in Winter or Summer, the last 5-6 years we have visited in December, January, February and July and August. So obviously my rule of no Winter or Summer isn't exactly written in stone. lol

But we do need a reason to visit during non-pool season (for us this means not too cold or too hot) and just haven't found one for June or November. Of course we haven't been looking either.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

We go Autumn, Winter or Spring.

Autumn or Spring is good pool weather for our English skins, Winter gives us a nice bit of sunshine and a break from the dreary weather here.

Summer would be far to hot for us to enjoy.

Sandra b

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

Hi

We can only visit once a year (too costly for more). Was early spring, but a bit too cold, now late spring/early summer. Do not visit summer or autum as we go to other places in Europe then. Sometimes take short breaks in winter, also staying in Europe.

Clive

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

Typically go in winter or spring. Summer would kill me with the heat. So,generally from Oct.to April.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,518 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

I believe the only month we have yet to visit is May...usually too much going on that month to get away anywhere.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

March, August, November and December. In March, airfares are high as are the hotel rates for many of the days. November and December, too much holiday stuff going on. August, well, we just never get there in August.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

January-May and September-November.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
565 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

I've been in Vegas during every month. Our next trip is one week from today. We tend to choose months that have smaller crowds, like July or December. March, May and September seemed to be the most crowded.

Mentioned in this post
Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

We've never been to LV during the months of May-October. DH is a seasonal construction worker so those months that he is working is simply out of the question. Besides, summer in LV is just way to hot for this Northern girl.

Our most frequent month is December. After a long year, it is great to get away. In addition, we both have birthdays in December (just 5 days apart). On some of those trips we have left for LV at the end of November and came back in December, which is the case on this next trip.

We are leaving for LV tomorrow and coming home Dec 6, which is one of our birthdays! Happy birthday to us!!!!

Visalia, California
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What months of the year have you not been to Vegas?(and why)

June (for fun twice) May for my birthday. July for fun, august for a convention, April for a convention, november (for the day and for fun), december (for the day for fun) september for a convention..

I think that is it. The day trips were in a charter and only for 12 hours. Fly over in about 30 minutes then fly home around 1:00AM.