We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort fees - again!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Resort fees - again!

I have just returned from a stay at the Flamingo, booked through Travelbag. My booking said resort fees were not applicable to international travellers, but I thought maybe they were just included in the price. However on arrival it turned out that they were not included, but I could add on if I wished. As the only use would be the wi-fi I declined to do so. So - are resort fees generally not applicable to international travellers? If so doesn't seem very fair to those from the US.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort fees - again!

I've never heard a generality that resort fees were not applicable to international travelers, although I could imagine a situation where the resorts didn't want to anger large foreign travel companies by slapping resort fees on international customers.

Usually resort fees will apply to any reservation booked through a third party such as Last Minute Travel (LMT).

Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort fees - again!

Resort fees apply to everyone. They aren't not applicable to international travellers. They might sometimes be covered/included by whoever you book through, but that applys to anyone from any country. If you have any issues, you should contact Travelbag and take it up with them.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort fees - again!

No, I've no problem - just wondered as, if they were already included, I didn't actually get anything - the Flamingo said I would have to pay if I wanted wi-fi, so couldn't have been included in the price I'd paid Travelbag. Most odd.

Carlsbad CA
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort fees - again!

"They aren't not applicable to international travellers."

Sentence of the day.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort fees - again!

Not really a bad question - I have read MANY trip reports where foreign visitors didn't have to pay RF's. I assume due to the pricing 'packaging' for their trip. But it does leave the impression to a quick reading visitor that they didn't have to pay because they were foreign. What does surprise me though is that CET resort fees are NOT normally declinable unless you are a Platinum player. However original poster doesn't state card level.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort fees - again!

UK's consumer protection laws do not allow them on all inclusive holiday packages. If you buy this type of package it would be illegal for the hotel to collect an additional mandatory fee.

Romford
Level Contributor
220 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort fees - again!

Stayed at the Wynn last year and was told by Travel Agent because we were international no resort fee. When we checked in were told we would have to pay for Wifi if we wanted it. Bellagio this year the guy that booked us in seemed to think that the resort fee had been included in the price and we got free Wifi. Still none the wiser!!!

Linlithgow, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort fees - again!

Hi guys, I fly out to Las Vegas on the 23rd December, and this is what's on the bottom of my booking confirmation

For Hotel Front Desk Use Only

This is a prepaid reservation. The room, taxes, and extra person fees have been paid for through Travelocity.

The Hotel Supplier Helpdesk is available to assist you,

Cheektowaga
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort fees - again!

"If you buy this type of package it would be illegal for the hotel to collect an additional mandatory fee"

Why would U.S. hotels be bound by UK laws?? Sounds inane to me.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,079 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort fees - again!

"UK's consumer protection laws do not allow them on all inclusive holiday packages. " - That's wrong, they are allowed as long as it's disclosed to the traveller that they are in addition to the fee paid for the package.

Many Las Vegas packages sold by UK holiday companies clearly state their is a resort fee to be paid locally over and above the package price.