We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon Coaches

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Canyon Coaches

has anyone taken the Grand Canyon Bus Tour via Grand Canyon Coaches - they have a buy 1 get 1 free coupon. Not sure whether they are any good - $80 pp

Is it too cold to go to the grand canyon now?

Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon Coaches

Hello can anyone help tell me whether its too cold to visit Grand Canyon?

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon Coaches

Yes, it can be very cold this time of year at the Grand Canyon, even snow is a possibility. But it is an awesome time to visit. The crowds will be a mere fraction of what they are in the summer. You might even luck out and see the canyon dusted in snow. I would definitely do it.

Having said that however, you want to be sure to visit the National Park at the South Rim. This is a long trip, almost 5 hours each way. But it is well worth the effort to see one of the greatest natural wonders of the world. There are also tours which go to the West Rim, which is closer to Vegas. The West Rim is a scenic enough place, but it pales in comparison to the real thing. It is much more of a tourist attraction than the National Park. I would pass on the West Rim, but definitely go to the South.

I don't know about Grand Canyon Coaches. But if the 2 for 1 coupon is for the South Rim, that is an amazing deal. But trips are normally around $79 per person.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon Coaches

I just looked at their website. It seems they use what they describe as luxury mini-buses. The prices for all their tours were a couple of hundred dollars. Do you have the link for that offer you saw? Something does not sound right that a tour that is normally $220 a person is now 2 for $80.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,729 posts
1,332 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon Coaches

Las Vegas Grand Canyon Tours is listed on TripAdvisor- I suggest you read the reviews and judge for yourself.

Several years ago, my friend went on one of their tours, and they had a bad experience.

As to the weather, I suggest you take a coat!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon Coaches

Thanks all.

Michael where do you find $79. I've been looking a around and all are over $100. Is it cheaper to go West rim? Because I think that deal is hoover dam plus west rim.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Canyon Coaches

Yea, sorry giraffez, the last time I was looking at prices I could have sworn the going rate for a South Rim tour was $79, but now i see they are higher than that. Sorry for getting your hopes up. I don't want to guess at West Rim prices, but I do know that the experience there is not as rich as the South Rim.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Canyon Coaches

Thanks anyway

8. Re: Grand Canyon Coaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 06:17