We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR December @ Flamingo

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
TR December @ Flamingo

Quick report - 3 of us - hubby (DH), daughter (DD) and me (K) - Left Pittsburgh last Wednesday (12/4) for 5 days in Vegas. SW flight uneventful - but do like the free direct TV and flight tracker on my iPad.

Arrived at our home in Vegas the Flamingo about 7 pm. Have 2 comped rooms - 1 smoking (#26042) for DH & K and 1 non-smoking (22048) for DD. Everything was great - both had frigs and coffee pots. 26th floor has new hallway carpeting and also ceramic tile in the area near the elevators. Got a quick bite at Margarittaville - burgers and club sandwiches and off to the slots.

Meals - other than the 1st night - DH likes buffets - so we buy the BoB every other day and get $5 off coupons (thanks foursquare) to use for breakfasts on the days in between. Dinner at Planet HO twice, Paris once, and Caesars once. I really like Caesars buffet - but the $20-25 up charge is a bit much. Otherwise I like the food at Planet HO - but not the staff. DH and K are both Diamond with TR and the difference in service at the Flamingo to any other Caesars location is sizably different. All of the Flamingo staff treat us great - not so great at other properties.

Shows - DD and K scored enough points on myVegas to get 2 free tickets to "KA" at MGM. So bought a monorail pass to go pick the tickets up - then used the monorail to go back and forth for the show. Very enjoyable show - sort of dark story line - but enjoyable none the less. On our arrival DD mentioned she wouldn't mind seeing Shania Twain - and K was like - eh - OK. So walked over on Sunday afternoon - charged 2 tickets for Sunday night show (got them comped off upon checking out on Monday) - and WOW - Shania Twain show wasn't what I thought it'd be - she's a great entertainer - not really country - not really pop - but a great show.

QUA Spa - spent a couple hours at the QUA spa on Thursday with DD - bought Spa gift cards at SAMs before we left home - and we enjoyed the spa for a couple of hours - then each had a treatment. DD had never been to a spa before - and I think she really enjoyed herself.

Gambling - didn't do to bad - hit the $1000 spin on dollar WoF machine at Flamingo. Played a bit at Caesars, Planet HO and Paris - but the majority was at Flamingo. DH also hit $1000 on his good old $1 Blazing 7s (at least I always know where to find him). DD came home with more $$$ then she took - wish DD and K could say the same.

All in all - another great trip to Vegas and another great stay at the Flamingo. We go to Vegas about 3-4 times a year and generally stay at the Flamingo - always feels like home to me.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

Thanks for the report. Nice win on WoF.

B

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

I am a Flamingo fan also. We will be spending NY there for my daughter's 21st. Glad to hear they are finally replacing the carpeting lol. My host that I used to have there told me 2 1/2 years ago it was going to be done! But rooms always great.

What exactly is the current Foursquare check-in bonus? It used to be $5 off buffet, before that I think it was a BOGO drink or something. I haven't even thought to check it last couple times!

Rockford, ILlinois...
Level Contributor
297 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

Great report! I believe 26042 is the same room we stayed in when we were there in September! Loved it!

California Hot...
Level Contributor
831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

Nice to know they are starting to carpet the hallways.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

Nice TR. Thanks for sharing

new york
Level Contributor
595 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

Is the 26th the Diamond Floor? Great Trip report

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

Thanks for the TR and congrats on the wins.

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

Great little TR! I also like the Flamingo and glad to hear the hall carpets are beginning to be replaced.

That was a good tip on getting tickets to KA and using the monorail for a day pass. Never used the monorail, but if staying at the Flamingo, its very convenient. Thanks again for a great TR!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

The 26th floor is one of the smoking floors. We've been on that floor for quite a few years - so other than a smoking floor - I really don't know if it's a Diamond floor - since we're also Diamond.

Yeah - I'd never have recommended the monorail before - but to get back and forth to the MGM it was great, especially since the showroom at MGM is near the rear.

Edited: 15 December 2013, 04:40
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,851 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR December @ Flamingo

Glad flamingo is doing some work...They do care

Thanks for tr

Sounds like Shania has fixed her show. Good