We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days too long?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
4,638 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
14 days too long?

Planning to stay in Vegas for 14 days September 2014 but friends say its too long. Was thinking say 3 nights in Fremont, 5 nights on the Strip, and 6 nights at another on the strip (not decided where yet). We plan to shop of course, laze around the pool this time, shows etc. Already done Grand Canyon before. Your thoughts? thx

Indianapolis,IN
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 days too long?

That's too long IMHO . No more than 7 days and nights would be sufficient. There are other places you can go for the remaining seven days. Mexico should be cheap. This ad I e is coming from a guy who LovEs Vegas.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,423 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 days too long?

Yes, it's a bit too long. Try a week.

philly
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 days too long?

Most ppl will say no and that may apply to you. But Vegas can get pretty wild and on both of my trips I was exhausted only after three days/2 nights. Seriously.

But I guess it depends on how much having a good time you can take. Lol.

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
914 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 days too long?

If you are a TR member ....Check your rate calendar.....you may have some free night offers in Lauglin for a change of scenery!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 days too long?

1 week in Vegas, and 5 days in San Fransisco and 2 days in L.A

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,107 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 14 days too long?

2 nights is plenty for me.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,396 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 14 days too long?

4 or 5 nights and I am ready to go home. I would never stay in Vegas for 14 days in a row.

Merced, California
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 14 days too long?

just got back from 7 nights there I was ready to go home

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
347 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 14 days too long?

If it were me I would break it up with a couple of nights up in Zion National Park since you have already done the GC. I can stay in Vegas easily for long periods because I am not a big drinker. My first trip I drank lots and could not wait to leave after 3 days. I think it all depends on how much alcohol you plan to drink and how well you can handle it.

Charleville, Ireland
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 14 days too long?

Actually I disagree, if you have a car and include day trips (Valley of Fire, Red Rock) or odd overnight further out (Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Sedona) then not too long at all in my opinion.