Earlier this morning, Debbie asked whether 14 days was too long. Obviously not. This is my TR:
Me (Buster) and Lulu, the wifey, cleaned up at roulette. Part of the jackpot was: we got to be extras in the new upcoming hit movie, not yet out: VEGAS 14. What a trip. Watch for us in these scenes:
Day #1. SET THE STAGE. We go deep in the hole, but make it back betting everything on double zero.
2. DIPLOMACY. We set out and make new friends on the Strip. Bingo.
3. HOSPITALITY. We touch the potato chips on the credenza--no take, no eat--and got an email saying we owe $10, plus interest, and we'd better pay..
4. FUNKY FEATHERS. We go back stage at Jubilee. During the Q&A, Lulu asks if any of the dancers are allergic to ostrich.
5. COMP-IN. We drop $2,500 in action. We get to choose our first comps! Lulu chooses the organic cottage cheese, and I choose the Custom Open Water Tuna Fish Salad Nicoise (hold the mayo).
6. GOING ELECTRO. We slipped Bentley a President Franklin to get to see Tiesto at Hakkasan, front row center. It's then we discover: no rows, and it's noisy.
7. EXTERIOR. NIGHT. We recommend to Standish, the card snapper, that he devote further attention to speaking more slowly, and using his wrist for emphasis. He demurs.
8. THE DESERT. Instead of Hoover Dam (just water anyway), we take the new Historic Desert Tour. We are told that's where problems are solved. But all we see is a whole lot of sand, and a bunch of holes next to it.
9. COMP UPGRADE. We drop $5,000. We get the Presidential Suite (2 singles) for 6 hours, and a cheese plate.
10. SPLURGE. We get 2 front-row seats to Christoper Angel (full price). What a guy. The seating is roomy.
11. MAN UP. We go to Moorea at Man Bay, but get kicked out because Lulu was wearing a smile.
12. MATINEE. We pace ourselves by sleeping late, then go see Penn & Teller. Their best trick: making Christopher Angel disappear.
13. VALUE. We pay $79.50 for Trump on Priceline (5*, no casino, Strip North). Hey--it's Vegas, baby.
14. FINALE. The movie ends upbeat. We plan our next trip as the credits roll.
14 Days--just not enough.