We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

My wife has never been to vegas, want to give her a great first impression, trying to decide between the cosomo wrap around suite or bellagio penthouse.

price difference between the two is $500 for the entire stay, bellagio being the more expensive (were there 3 nights), room difference is cosmo is 1200 sqf and bellagio is 1600 sqf.

Cosmo does have that wrap around balcony which is pretty cool.

anybody stayed in both that could recommend which one would be better.

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

the balcony wins every time for me, especially when its the cheaper option

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,918 posts
1,339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

Cosmo with balcony....

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,332 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

Bellagio is one of the few hotels in Vegas that I have no desire to stay in, penthouse or not. I don't like the crowds.

The wraparound suite is great!

Ft Myers, FL
Level Contributor
456 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

I'd be torn. You don't mention age or time of year as it could make a difference. There is something about the Bellagio that is class. We stayed in a Bellagio Suite (not the Penthouse) and we loved it. One of our favorite stays and we've been to most of the hotels but not Cosmo.

Whatever you choose you can't go wrong!

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

im 39, wife 30. going dec 22 to 25 2013

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,964 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

I'd take the Bellagio Penthouse. The hotel is has a more Vegas feel, the room is bigger, with higher quality furnishings, and their service is levels above Cosmo. In Cosmo you will almost certainly not get to check in on-time, you will be forced to pay extra for a good view (of Bellagio) and will be dealing with drunk, loud hipsters/d-bags throughout your stay. Plus the Cosmo floor plan is weird with a ton of wasted space. Bellagio might not have the balcony but since it is basically a big rectangle, you get a wall (or if you get the corner penthouse) 2 walls of windows.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

Bellagio in a second. Sorry but no comparison.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,918 posts
1,339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

The wrap around balcony is a strong drawcard- despite the cold weather!

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,918 posts
1,339 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

Also, Cosmo has a "younger" ambience...

Washington
Level Contributor
4,596 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cosmo wrap around suite or penthouse at bellagio?? undecided

If I were you in this particular example, pocket the money & use it to take your wife out for a nice dinner & opt for The Cosmo Wraparound Suite. Notice, I said in this particular example. Reason is, not all the Bellagio Penthouse Suites are up to date; some are outdated & showing wear & tear. Second & most important; not all of Bellagio's Penthouse units guarantee a great view. Third; the customer service (these days) at Bellagio comes no where close that compared to The Wynn/Encore. Back when it originally opened & for the first few years, The B's customer service was consistently magnificent; but it has since slipped a few notches over the past three or four years whereas, current guests never know what to expect.

Should you make up your mind & decide to go with The Cosmo's Wraparound Suite, when you do make the reservation, make sure you specify how important it is that you be placed in a Wraparound facing a North/Northeast direction. Additionally, make a request that you be placed above the 25th floor level so the Bellagio marquee doesn't interfere with your view; there's nothing worse than staring point blank at that marquee from your balcony. A South/Southwest wraparound will place you staring more towards City Center, which although is not the worst, is not the most preferential viewpoint. No guarantee; but if you could land a Cosmo floor level starting at 54 on up, you will be guaranteed an unobstructed LV Valley view to go along with that nice, North/Northeast Strip View. These levels will place you above all the other hotel tower heights, giving you that unobstructed viewpoint. Trust me, it's a breathtaking & overwhelming view; I've thus so far (knock on wood) have always been extremely fortunate to land a room on one of these higher floor levels.

If you are more concerned about the type of customer service you receive among The Bellagio & The Cosmo, this will all be dependent on your arrival & their varied staffers on call; in other words, whether either one's hotel staff is totally on top of everything or not.

Edited: 17 December 2013, 12:44