We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Total Rewards Car Rentals

Vernon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Total Rewards Car Rentals

When going on to the Total Rewards Web Site, I discovered a site called TR Getaways.

I found a 7 day rental in Las Vegas from Dollar for $115 all in for a Premium Car in May 2014.

You have to book it and your credit card will be charged immediately with no cancelations.

If you know your exact dates, this is a great deal.

Cheektowaga
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

Thanks very much I can save $158. Does all your free bonus cash get wiped out when you book?

Vernon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

NO, I had a $1000 free bonus cash and they only applied $9 to the $115.

The total came to $106 with the $9 credit. My free bonus cash is now $991.

Cheektowaga
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

Thanks for the info.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

I believe the final end cost (after you add up all the fees & taxes) would more realistically come up to about $239 for the car rental. You have to also add in the airport access fee, facility charge, rental tax, the state tax, & a vehicle license fee which all add up to something like $133 alone; in addition to the $106 rental you'll pay for the car.

kansas
Level Contributor
962 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

I went to the site after reading about it here and booked with them after calling. I am hoping that it is legit as I am saving about $40 from our car rental fee which has done nothing but go up since I booked it. All the rates are sky high in January as we are coming in the day before CES is over. Saving well over $100 from the current rates.

I asked 3 different times if it included all taxes and fees and was assured that it did. I also read the terms and conditions. Thanks for alerting me to this deal. I received the confirmation e-mail right after I booked but will check with Thrifty to make sure they have received it in their system.

Only downside that I can see is that it is a pre-paid booking so I was charged today and they did try and upsell me to a vacation "savings" club for $1900 for 2 years membership. I just told them I wasn't interested.

London, Ontario...
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

Jarodmom, when you got the e-mail after booking, did it say the same total as what you thought it was? We can save some money by booking here too, but I'm a little nervous about all these extra fees!

Washington
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

Airport access fee, $28.47 + a facility charge, $26.25 + rental tax @$40.73 + State tax +/- $27.49 + the vehicle license fee of $10.50 = an approx. total est. mandatory charge of $133.44. (I went on the McCarron Airport website under the rental car link & ran a 7-day rental car search & chose Dollar as an example.)

How can this $106.00 include both the car rental for a premium car AND all of these additional taxes & fees associated when renting a vehicle? I mean something here just isn't adding up folks; $106.00 total to rent a premium car (from Dollar per the OP) for a week sounds too good & cheap to be true. Has anyone received anything formal (or read any fine print) that states all the taxes & fees are included?

Edited: 19 December 2013, 04:39
Washington
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

A previous TA discussion link regarding the LV car rental taxes & fees:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k439225…

Edited: 19 December 2013, 04:50
Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,476 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

A large number of the fees are percentage based. If a car company sets their daily rate rate low enough, it is possible to see a rate as 106.

London, Ontario...
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Total Rewards Car Rentals

Right now we have a mid size car booked from Payless for January13th-January 21st. Our total cost including taxes and fees is $125.52 so I can see this being the total cost on TR. Even with TR, we can still save even more. When you hit that you select a certain car on TR, it does state taxes and fees included but yet when they show the break down, it doesn't show any taxes and fees??