We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Topic
lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

lowcostusa.co.uk have some fantastic hotel prices at the moment!!

I've just cancelled my direct booking with Excalibur for a weeks stay at Easter in a deluxe room with free complimentary upgrade upon check-in, which cost $604 (£377) incl taxes and resort fees, which was also discounted using one of the discount codes from travelvegas.com

Instead, I've just booked with lowcostusa.co.uk where I got the same weeks stay at Easter but now in a Contemporary Tower 2 Queen room for £292 ($467) INCLUDING taxes and RESORT FEES!!!

Excalibur direct booking system can't get anywhere near that price no matter what code you use. Even their so called 35% off promotion is coming out at $819 (£511)!!!!!

London
Level Contributor
778 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

Yeah they are good. I've used them about 4 times. Just booked 5 nights at the end of May at Palazzo for £450, followed by 4 nights in Mandalay Bay for £179. Cheapest I could find.

Jo

England
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

I tried them for a long time and EVERY time I booked one of their specials, they let me book it (and took my money from my card) and then sent an e-mail saying the rates were no longer available. When I phoned them, they blamed the hotels, claiming they had no real control over the contents/offers. While they were prompt in repaying the money, it was all a bit of a waste of time.

They are currently offering Cosmopolitan for £15 per night in August, so if anyone wants to try their luck?http://www.lowcostusa.co.uk/lasvegas/hotels/cosmopolitan?rsso=1

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
614 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

The £15 headline is still there but clicking through shows much higher rates. Not surprising really.

London, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

My booking wasn't a special, the special was cheaper than what I paid.

The special was for a standard tower queen for £230, I went a couple of levels above that.

Hopefully I will be ok, fingers crossed!!

Edited: 19 December 2013, 13:16
London, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

Had to do mine over the phone too, if that makes a difference???

South Wales
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

Booked with them a couple of years ago for The Aria and that worked well. Just booked again for a 5 night stay in May 2014 for £362 (£99 deposit and includes resort fee). The offers on Smartervegas for The Aria were significantly more expensive.

England
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

I am not saying they are disreputable, but their shop window could do with a little spring clean and they should be responsible for the content on their website.

Tubbs: Agree that drilling down shows a more representative price, but that is half the problem. On 5 documented occasions, I booked (and the money was taken) for similar "come and get me" offers, only to be knocked back some 72 hours later in each case. If they want to remain trusted, they should engender trust by keeping it real.

London, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

Well my booking still stands, have just paid the balance today and they have confirmed everything is ok.

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

I've used them and found them fine and the best rates I could get. I always make sure though by calling the hotel to confirm my booking, I do this whenever I don't book direct and sometimes even when I do!

10. Re: lowcostusa.co.uk - WOW!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 07:18