We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightclub recommendation?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
335 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Nightclub recommendation?

I've only been to a few nightclubs in Vegas over the years, but wondering which one might be good for a friend and me (both gals). We're looking for something safe, that may have good entertainment (like piano bar), but maybe also an area with a DJ and dancing. My friend has never been to Vegas before, so something fun with a lot of glitz would be nice, too. No lines and no cover would be ideal too (and I don't seem to recall this being a problem in past years). Going Jan. 2-5. Thanks!

Cali
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

Jan. 2 -5th will be easy to get free charge if you girls get really dolled up and look good, most clubs will let attractive females in for free. In general, there are cover charges though for the nightclubs.

I'd say if you could guestlist XS, Marquee or Light then you'd have a blast (I'm assuming you prefer EDM). If you prefer Top 40 try 1OAK or Tao.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
335 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

We prefer top 40. Been to Tao, so may check out 1OAK - thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

Yes get on a guest list and often you won't be paying a cover if the girls are pretty and well dressed. I go to hakkasan often and never pay a cover.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
335 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

Thanks! I've read online that you can email/call the club host contacts to get on a guest list - any other ways?

Sydney
Level Contributor
87 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

I am also wondering the same. Am heading over in Jan with my friend (both in our mid 20s). I have heard about emailing clubs too to get on the list, but another friend told me that promoters also walk along the strip during the day and hand out cards etc and will be able to put you on a list?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
335 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

I did email the host at the Marquee (to me, this seems like a really cool club to explore - almost a tourist attraction in itself!) and the host's assistant texted me and put me on the VIP guest list. I am a little leery about this - wondering if they are going to charge me and my friend a $$$ minimum to sit in the VIP area. I know this is pretty standard for a VIP table, because I've done that before. I didn't ask to be VIP - only to be put on the guest list.

Can anyone comment on how to get on a guest list and not feel like you're being scammed into paying more than the cover? Is it better to just go early to avoid the lines and hope you don't have to pay the cover?

Edited: 27 December 2013, 18:10
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

Marquee

Pure

Haze

Tao

www.vegas.com to see pictures and more info on the type of music they play.

Have Fun

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

Do not take the passes they sell on the streets they are not valid and most often you get ripped off.. They say its for free but they require a tip for the free pass and that's how they make money.

Sydney
Level Contributor
87 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

Mm I submitted a guest list on Marquee's website but didn't hear anything back so don't really know how legit it is...?? I contacted a promoter for Light and we've been put on a list there - think it's similar to your deal at Marquee. I think it's pretty legit..? Don't think it is a table or anything cause we (and seemingly you too), specifically just mentioned a guest list.

5unshineforever, my friend mentioned the dodgy people on the street. She was roped into that one year, so I will be sure to steer clear! Hard to know the difference between them and the real promoters she mentioned!

: )

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightclub recommendation?

I've found something weird by searching Vegas hashtags on Instagram - club promoters will comment on photos with their cell numbers inviting people to text them to get "no line, no cover, ladies drink free until midnight" promos.

I'm not sure how legit the offers are, but searching Instagram is helpful anyway to see what kind of a party the different clubs have.

That said, my brother & sister & I had a really great party time at the Palms hotel. Have fun!