We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels.com

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels.com

In Nov. I booked 2 rooms at NYNY thru Hotels.com - was told at time of booking that I was getting two 2 Strip View rooms for the same price as the Standard - !great! Also told that since I was booking with Hotels.com my Resort fees were included in the wonderful price they were offering -again !great! Checked today with NYNY and we were not reserved for a Strip View room, just a standard and the Resort fees were not included - Lauren in Guest Services at NYNY did switch up to Strip View at no add'l charge which I am grateful for-first trip for our granddaughter who is turning 21 so this will be a b'day trip for her. I guess nothing I can do about the resort fee (first time back to Vegas since they all instituted resort fees) - - was my first time using Hotels.com and won't use again. Once burned on two items for same reservations is all I need to learn a lesson. Have always called hotel directly for rooms and will return to this method.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels.com

Did you get it in writing? What does your confirmation and T&C's from hotels.com say?

You can't hold NYNY responsible, because you do not have a contract with them. But you might be able to get compensation from hotels.com, if they don't honor their contract.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels.com

I never said I hold NYNY responsible - I have the Hotels.com confirmation on the rooms-but it only states the price - - which I was told was for an upgrade, not standard. Since I never used Hotels.com before and was told by Delta Airlines that since I booked air with Delta that Hotels.com gave great deals on rooms as long as Delta connected me to them, so I gave it a try. I did not know what their EMail confirmations looked like and room style is not mentioned on mine. Lauren at guest services at NYNY was wonderful and upgraded us to a strip view for no extra charge. As I stated though, I will not be using Hotels/.com again.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels.com

I have only used Hotels.com a few times........but the last year whenever I check rates with them, I find a better deal directly from the hotels' websites........I was also disappointed to find out that less than half of stays booked through them actually counted towards the book 10 times, get a free stay......that's another rip off (false advertising)....

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels.com

gramsclp: Was there a reason that you just didn't cancel your reservation with Hotels.com? They allow cancellations up to a couple days before...you say several times that "I was told"...who told you that resort fees were included? Who told you that you were getting 2 strip view rooms at the same price as a standard? "told it was for an upgrade"..who told you that? I have booked through Hotels.com many times and never spoke to anyone...also. mombear...what you said is probably not correct..."less than half of stays booked through them actually counted toward the book 10 times, get a free stay...rip off (false advertising)...just not true...I have received numerous free rooms through this deal and every day booked counted...I am not defending Hotels.com because the last few trips I have taken have been booked through Bconnected...

California
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels.com

I have used hotels.com plenty of times, they never include the resort fee into their total. The resort fee is always collected by the hotel once you check in. This being your first time back to Vegas since resort fees started l understand your frustration. It is the hotels charging the resort fee all over Vegas, its has nothing to do with hotels.com.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels.com

I called ther Hotels.com 800 number and booked directly with an agent as I had never used them before. I was told by this booking agent that the rate incluyded the upgraded rooms, all fees INCLUDING the Resort fee which I asked him 3 times during the course of the conversation if everything including respiort fees was actually included in this price? I did not cancel as we have 5 other couples who have reserved rooms at NYNY, paying different rates depending on who they booked with and comps, etc., it would be a mess to contact everyone and have them reschedule. I am just saying this was not a good firect time experience with Hotels.com and if their agents are nto sure of the answers they are giving then they should check with someone and make sure. I now have $120.00 in resort fees to come up with that I thought were paid.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels.com

Ziggyncali - I am well aware that Hotels.com does not charge the resort fee however I was told 3 times during booking my room reservations that the room rate I was paying included EVERYTHING - INLCUDING the resort fees - this should not have been told to me, and I questioned it twice after he said it and was told yes-respoort fees are included - I realize these are fees from the hotel but I was not aware that they couldn't be paid ahead of time, so when the Hotels.com agent said the rate included these fees I figutred he knew what he was talking about - silly me !!

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,809 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels.com

<<<<<Since I never used Hotels.com before and was told by Delta Airlines that since I booked air with Delta that Hotels.com gave great deals on rooms as long as Delta connected me to them

What?? You fell for a sales pitch by Delta. Obviously Delta gets something for sending you to hotels.com

Booking on the phone was a mistake. You have no idea what you are getting and are at the mercy of the person on the other end of the phone. Resort fees are never included on the hotels.com site.

Regardless of the 5 other couples I would book a room with NYNY and then cancel the hotels.com booking. If all else fails you can contact your CC company and dispute the charges as you did not get what you bought. There may be a recording of your conversation with hotels.com. Ask for it.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,068 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels.com

yes hawkeye-I fell for a pitch from Delta - my biggest fault is still thinking people are truthful and honest. I have always booked directly with the hotels in the past. I did contact NYNY and they gave us the two rooms upgraded to strip view for the price we paid so all is well. from now on will lawyas handle my reservations on my own:)

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Adelaide, Las Vegas, South Australia
Level Contributor
9,611 posts
1,328 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels.com

At least it sounds like you've decided not to stay at Circus Circus....