We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn
Level Contributor
710 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

Any ideas how I get from center strip (PH) to lotus of siam without a cab. Have a pretty full night planned that will include multiple cab rides trying to save a buck!

FYI rest of the itinerary is 1) Lotus, 2) Stratosphere, 3) Frankies Tiki, 4) Freemont Experience, 5) Palamino 6) Peppermill then back to PH!

Any suggestions on how to cut cost between stops will help.

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

You could take the bus to Sahara and walk from there, its not that far maybe 10 minute walk tops.

That's a pretty packed night you have planned, good luck.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

I would venture to say that's too optimistic a schedule for a single evening, but gotta love you for trying.

You can either bus it up to Sahara as Joe said, or walk from PH to Paris and catch the monorail to Sahara and walk from there to Lotus. Then walk to the Strat from there. (Keep in mind, this is not the best neighborhood in town)

After that you are pretty much looking at taxis for the rest of the evening.... That stop at Frankies will kill your ability to walk long distances if you aren't there already by that point! Good Luck!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,761 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

Looks like a fun night to me. Provided you're not treating the whole thing as a forced march and maybe end up skipping the Strat, or not making it to Peppermill or whatever.

Of course, once you're in Frankie's the whole night could head south in a hurry and you'll end up there for hours. :)

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
710 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

Lol. I think this may end up being split into two nights. Who knows.

And Peppermill will mainly be a 24 hour eat spot not for drinking.

Will definitely be in coffee mode by then.

Edited: 03 January 2014, 18:57
San Diego...
Level Contributor
23,854 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

I wouldn't be anywhere near food after a stop at the Palomino.

You need to be quarantined after stepping foot in that place.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
710 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

How long is the walk from the monorail to lotus?

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

^^ I can do it in 10 minutes but I am a fast walker.

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

If the walk is a problem there is another Thai place I remember from the good old days when I used to stay at The Sahara, just next to McDonalds as you turn on to E Sahara from LVB on the left, I forget its name but it was as good and cheaper that Lotus but having said that as a regular visitor to Thailand neither of them are particularly authentic.

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
710 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

Thanks Joe, Lotus is more of a bucket list thing than anything else.

10. Re: Lotus of Siam without a taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19