We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with sons advice

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
59 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with sons advice

In a week, I am taking my son to Vegas for his 21st birthday, along with his older brother. He turns 21 at midnight Saturday. We want to celebrate his birthday with drinks but not at a crowded, overly expensive club. Does anyone recommend any taverns or other suitable locations for such festivities? Thanks.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,721 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,104 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
403 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with sons advice

If would help if you could let us know where you are staying. That way folks can give advice on close by places in case the festivities get out of hand! lol

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with sons advice

Every major hotel has bars, at which property will you be a guest?

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with sons advice

Ask in the hotel where you'll be staying. I'm sure they can help you to arrange something special for your son if you mentioned that. Most hotels have bars where you can party.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with sons advice

If not at your hotel, what will your family be doing leading up to midnight? If a show you could celebrate at that property.

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with sons advice

So ...... will he (you) be there before he actually turns 21? You said, "in a week" , but you mentioned his birthday on Saturday. Just know that Vegas checks ID more aggressively than any place I've seen. Before midnight, not only will he NOT be able to drink anywhere or gamble, but he can't even sit or stand next to anyone that is 21 while they are gambling.

To answer your question, knowing where you are staying is the best way to be able to give you advice.

We took our son and few of his friends for his 21st bday, and we had a great time!

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
279 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling with sons advice

You should just do a Night Train package. My friends did it and have a good time.

http://www.nighttrainlv.com/

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
59 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling with sons advice

We are staying at Bally's.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling with sons advice

It would be worth a call to a bar or two. We saw kids unable to celebrate because they still had their state issued UNDER 21 ID. Even though the date stated they were now of age. One way around that is to use passport for ID.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
59 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling with sons advice

We are looking for a tavern or lounge somewhere mid strip.

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
444 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling with sons advice

Walk across the street to NYNY for the dueling piano bar, and def to Cosmo for Bond bar and Chandalier Bar. Bellagio also has several good lounges, and Venetian has the Bourbon Room(think 80's hair bands).