We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to Freemont?

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle to Freemont?

I've heard there is occasionally shuttles to Freemont St since they are trying to bring buisness to that area. A-Is this true? B- if so, where can I find its info? If not, would anyone recommend taking the monorail to the Stratosphere (Im staying at the Excalibur) and then hoping a bus the rest of the way to avoid traffic?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,165 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle to Freemont?

No shuttles that I'm aware of.

Since you're at Excalibur, the WAX bus might be the fastest option: rtcsnv.com/wp-content/…29.pdf

I wouldn't bother with the monorail.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,567 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle to Freemont?

There are no shuttles from any hotels on the Strip (I assume this is what you are asking since you dont state from where but you are staying at the Excalibur) to Downtown that Im aware of.

The Monorail doesnt go to the Strat, the last stop is at Sahara. I suppose you could jump on the bus there, but getting on the bus at Excalibur will take less time than trying to use the monorail and bus.

Or the easiest and fastest was from Excalibur is to jump in a cab.

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Detroit
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle to Freemont?

I have never head of this - it would be great if it were true. I would just take the DEUCE downtown. Why pay extra for the monorail?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,165 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle to Freemont?

Too late to edit... The shuttles OP may have heard about might have been the ones for the Life is Beautiful festival last fall.

Seattle
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle to Freemont?

OR< he may have read about the shuttle to Sam's Town and then the shuttle to "Fremont"...For 2 dollars from the NYNY, across the street from Excalibur, on the WAX bus would be, IMO, the best way to go....

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle to Freemont?

Yes, that is possible. I've done that. From Harrah's to Sam's to Fremont. Definitely possible.

7. Re: Shuttle to Freemont?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:18