We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

I am a huge fan of both shows based out of vegas, and have seen on line that they are open to fans stopping by and seeing their operations. However I was wondering if anyone had stopped by either place and if so how did their experience go and what did they think of both shops.

It also appears from mapping that the two places are "close" to each other and probably can be visited on the same day within a few hours.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

Rick's Restorations has a visitor gift shop and display area all set up. When I was there about a year ago they also did a free 15 minute tour of their operation. You don't reallly go into the areas they are working but you can see guys working and I saw a couple of the guys from the show on the tour. It is located just south of the north outlet mall - Charleston exit off I-15. I did not go to the Count's place so can't help you there.

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

We went to Ricks last year . Had the tour , met and had photos taken with Rick - met and talked to his wife and brother in the shop. A very enjoyable visit.

swansea wales
Level Contributor
418 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

We visited counts in November, did not visit Ricks but passed it on way to counts after the pawns stars store. Free tour of counts with a store in the corner. Guy on the counter was full of information, lots of the guys were in garage working on the next lot of vehicles for next series. You are not allowed in the workshop. My husband loves the show and recognised a few of the guys from the show.

London, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

I went to Counts Kustoms's in May last year and it was great, free to get in and you can look around the Count's private collection. Most of the guys are generally around, although we may have got lucky on that day as they were getting ready to film, so they all came in and did a quick meet and greet and took the time to thank you for taking the time to come out and visit them. Probably as a sweetner as they were actually wanting you to leave whilst they did some filming, they said you could wait outside for about 45mins and then they would let you back in again. Got to meet them all apart from the Count himself and they were also quite happy to pose for pictures without wanting any "purchases" being made (unlike Pawn Stars!!!). They also have a very reasonable priced gift shop so we were happy to buy things based on their hospitality and warm welcome! Definitely worth a visit if you like the show and even more so if you're into the cars, his collection is impressive.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

Our goal is to hit both places early on in the morning when maybe they will all be there and maybe not to busy. It's nice to read that all seem like really nice folk and open to visitors.

London, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

That was definitely our experience, we went late afternoon....

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

we went to both last May. Rick's has a tour about 20 mins. All the family were walking around, I even petted Nana (the dog) all of them very friendly...Counts was a self tour of the cars it was also pretty cool...The shop where they work on vehicles is in the parking lot not attached to the showroom. None of the cast were there Cont lives in Cali anyways..Both are worth seeing

8. Re: Visiting Ricks and the Count on your own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 06:20