We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car through Total Rewards

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
296 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car through Total Rewards

I generally do not bother with car rentals in Vegas because I like to drink, but just for a change of pace I'm going to break up a 10 day stay in March, rent a car and spend a few days in Laughlin.

I'm finding some great and frankly unbelievable deals from Thrifty and Dollar through the Total Rewards website. I say unbelievable because the rates I'm seeing are nearly half of what Thrifty is offering on their own website for the exact same car class and dates which of course causes me to be skeptical.

For those of you who have actually rented a car through the TR website recently, what’s the catch?

Washington
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

PYI: There was a discussion about this last month:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k705170…

Georgia
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

Just waiting on someone to actually use it and come back and report. Seems too low to be true and afraid they don't include taxes like they say they do.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

I'm booked through them for 5 days in April for a "total" of $109 for a Premium size with Dollar. That's more than half off from anywhere else. I guess we'll see.

Washington
Level Contributor
4,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

I believe a couple of posters (in the link) had booked a rental car & indicated they'd be in Vegas over a week ago. Yet we have yet to hear back from any of them in regard to their recent experience(s). Kind of makes me wonder what gives. Be good if somebody would report back so the rest of us knew how things went & whether it's good to be true.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 00:49
Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

Post #6 in this thread used it a week or so ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k704942…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
296 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

I've been with Enterprise for years and already have a reservation with them for an average decent rate, this one is more than a hundered dollars cheaper but something just seems off about it.

I guess I'll book, and keep them both for now and try to find out the real scoop between now and then.

kansas
Level Contributor
968 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

We just got back yesterday and had our car booked through this program. I too was skeptical and kept my second booking as a back-up. Glad to report it is as has been reported. All taxes and fees included. Had no problem when we returned the car and will book again through this site. Saved about $40 over the lowest price I could find after checking for about 2 months. Didn't like the pre-pay aspect of it, but would do it again to save money.

Only warning I would have is that the line at Dollar was long! Lots of unhappy customers. Ours was a Thrifty rental and no wait, but I would join the loyalty program before booking so you can skip the line. I couldn't have them amend my reservation when I booked it after I joined.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

My question is if we're already members of Dollar Express, do we still get to bypass the counter or would we have to wait in line? I found a terrific deal for $80 in April, but if we have to stand in line, that will make the decision for us.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
7,000 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

"Yet we have yet to hear back from any of them in regard to their recent experience(s). Kind of makes me wonder what gives. "

Not everyone jumps back on TA after their vacation to report everything they did and saw. I'm not sure that's a 'what gives' moment.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental Car through Total Rewards

"Not everyone jumps back on TA after their vacation to report everything they did and saw."

**pop** You just burst my bubble!!! :(