We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

Atlanta, Georgia
13 posts
Save Topic
Trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

We are planning to drive to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon on our next Las Vegas trip. We are looking for a hotel about midway between the two locations to stop for the night. Any suggestions?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,489 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

"We are looking for a hotel about midway between the two locations to stop for the night. " - It's around a 5 hour drive from Las Vegas to GCNP and in my opinion there is nowhere midway that warrants an overnight stop, I'd just drive it in the day.

Atlanta, Georgia
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

We will drive to the Grand Canyon in 1 day. We want to stop somewhere around 2 hours into our trip back to Las Vegas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

Williams is a really good palce to stop, it's like an old 60's town with some cool restaurants, shops and attractions. it's small so you can see it all in 2 hours

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

Williams is only about an hour outside the GC. It sounds like you want to go further. Seligman is closer to 2 hours, but there is not much there. There are some old motels that could give you an adventure for the night, but I don't know how comfortable you would be. There is Kingman at the three hour mark. That town has always struck me as a big truck stop. There would be chain hotels there, but it is not a scenic place. Laughlin would be at about the four hour mark. I thnk this is about the best option. But if it were me I would just push it to Vegas.

5. Re: Trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:19